Terrain management upgrade?

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
After reading through this thread went ahead and bought the new switch and installed it. Pretty easy, the only thing that was annoying was actually getting under the center console to pull the switch up, and then actually pulling the switch out. I went in just above the cup holders with some cheapo nylon pry tools that came with replacement plugs. Was able to get that up pretty easily. After getting that up enough to actually reach the switch, it was a struggle to depress the 4 metal springs to release it from the panel. But after that the new one plugged right in and sat in there nicely. Then everything sat pretty.

Next was going into FORScan and enabling both the Selectable Drive Mode and the Offroad Gauges and Gauge screen. Both worked fine and I now have those. One more step to being comfortable taking this bad boy offroad.

PXL_20210421_234646310.jpg
PXL_20210421_234653064.jpg
PXL_20210421_234637585.jpg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
After reading through this thread went ahead and bought the new switch and installed it. Pretty easy, the only thing that was annoying was actually getting under the center console to pull the switch up, and then actually pulling the switch out. I went in just above the cup holders with some cheapo nylon pry tools that came with replacement plugs. Was able to get that up pretty easily. After getting that up enough to actually reach the switch, it was a struggle to depress the 4 metal springs to release it from the panel. But after that the new one plugged right in and sat in there nicely. Then everything sat pretty.

Next was going into FORScan and enabling both the Selectable Drive Mode and the Offroad Gauges and Gauge screen. Both worked fine and I now have those. One more step to being comfortable taking this bad boy offroad.

You will enjoy it!! I added it to my truck and it works very well. Just be aware that it does not replace a locker what so ever!! Basically saying do not put yourself in a situation where you need a locker if you dont have one.

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.

Is yours 2021?

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Had to spnd the money for a new switch. Now the Terrian management works again.Ford dealer messed the other switch up some how.
Next time you visit your dealership, probably a good idea to re-install your AS-BUILT file first so they wont know about your TM modification. Afterward, re-install your modded file.

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Does anyone have a screenshot of what these displays look like on the Lariat cluster?
How do you access the Offroad gage display? Through Driver Assist?
They look the same as shown. They appear in the left display. The off-road gauge is available under the same menu that offers miles to empty, etc. the TM display comes on only when it is activated. I think it disappears after a moment and leaves just the symbol of which mode you are in.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Yeah, you would need to buy the buttons which are rare now. And you would end up with one to control a rear locker which you don’t currently have.

we haven’t figured out trail control yet, but the terrain management button is easy to do.

the terrain management button is in the middle of the 4x4 knob after you do the install and doesn’t mess with the other three buttons.
Is the terrain management button universal? Have. 2021 4x4 XLT with locking diff. I notice the buttons above I have look a bit different.

91704A0C-E2C7-4CEA-8533-BA1474DCC853.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The terrain management will work just fine. All you have to do is get the new 4x4 switch with the TM button then using ForScan go into the IPC and enable the drive modes feature and then you are good to go!!

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Much appreciated. Skimmed the thread but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this upgrade would be possible on XL/STX trims? I know if you order them with the fx4 package they also upgrade the dash. Would the basic dash prevent the ability to select drive modes?
Did this question ever get answered definitively? Anybody enable the Terrain Modes on the XL? Trail Control? What does it look like on the display? I have the XL / STX also, and would like to do this, but don't want to waste money if it can't work...

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Did this question ever get answered definitively? Anybody enable the Terrain Modes on the XL? Trail Control? What does it look like on the display? I have the XL / STX also, and would like to do this, but don't want to waste money if it can't work...
No definitive answer. I eventually lost interest and gave up. I’m sure someone smarter than me will eventually figure it out.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I added TM to my STX after purchasing the knob and using ForScan. No go on the TC. That requires more stuff.

rzlv

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I don't know for sure, I haven't seen anyone who has done this. I ended up swapping in a xlt cluster. Have not done the TM upgrade yet.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Forgot to mention I added an XLT cluster I picked up off Ebay for $75. Millage was higher than mine by a few hundred miles so I drove mine until the millage matched then switched them.
Sponsored