Terrain management upgrade?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Do you have the part # for the trail control switch?
It's in this thread somewhere. I don't have it on the top of my head, but check near the beginning somewhere. I'm hearing it's pricey or near unobtanium now though.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
It's in this thread somewhere. I don't have it on the top of my head, but check near the beginning somewhere. I'm hearing it's pricey or near unobtanium now though.
The hard to get part is thanks to all the people that thought they could get it to work but can't yet.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hard to get part is thanks to all the people that thought they could get it to work but can't yet.
You must have not read the rest of the thread. I am the prime instigator of this thread.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's traffic jam assist and can we turn it on?
didnt have enough time to mess with it. this latest build of forscan put like 300 extra options in the software, so it’s going to be a minute before anyone tests them all.

head over to the forscan bravery thread and send it.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone have IWE issues after the switch, Grinding or errors?
Always switch settings in neutral and wait for them to register engaged. When using any 4 wheel drive settings don’t cock wheel in ether direction max or it bucks like a mule and says, hey! Don’t do that with grinding and thuds!!! ?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always switch settings in neutral and wait for them to register engaged. When using any 4 wheel drive settings don’t cock wheel in ether direction max or it bucks like a mule and says, hey! Don’t do that with grinding and thuds!!! ?
You can safely switch to 4hi at basically any speed, even in reverse. It's even smarter than older Rangers where if one or more wheels is not spinning at the right speed it won't shift until they all match.

My 95 Ranger would allow you to shift with the rear tires going 40 and the front tires stopped, the new one won't even shift if you crank the knob while you're accelerating reasonably fast (it waits for you to let off).

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Ummmmmm.... Anybody try this yet?

1611875336606.png
Have not messed with this since last year. Don't recall seeing that setting. Will download the latest Forscan prog and try this. Maybe this weekend. Thanks, @t4thfavor.

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Have not messed with this since last year. Don't recall seeing that setting. Will download the latest Forscan prog and try this. Maybe this weekend. Thanks, @t4thfavor.
yeah, this is interesting. This may be a piece of that trail control puzzle....

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah, this is interesting. This may be a piece of that trail control puzzle....
Do it! I need results like I haven't been ignoring you guys for the past 10 months!!!

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Unless I did not do it correctly - been awhile since I used the program... it did not work for me. Short press or long press of the TC button did nothing. Must be something else that is being overlooked. Was hoping we had cracked it.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless I did not do it correctly - been awhile since I used the program... it did not work for me. Short press or long press of the TC button did nothing. Must be something else that is being overlooked. Was hoping we had cracked it.
I’m sure theres more to it, I’ll keep looking through the new options this weekend, bound to be some other something in there. Maybe that in addition to what we had tried before, idk.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the actual TC button installed or just the TM inside the 4x4 knob?

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
I was wanting to upgrade and add the TM 4x4 switch and have a good idea how to do that. I also want to upgrade the TC switches as well but
The top row with trail control is # KB3Z-9C888-E
image.jpg

Thanks for posting the part numbers. Just ordered both parts. $80 shipped so not too bad.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/switch-assy-control-9343073-1

If you go to the above link and then put in 2019 or 20 ranger the graphic will come up and you can select any of the parts needed, not just the 4WD knob.

And Ford is offering $20 off $75 if you create an account and order on line.

RANGER%20INTERIOR.png
I want to upgrade TC switches but I'm not sure which ones to get. There are 3 different ones for the top set and two different ones for the bottom. I'm not sure if my truck has a locking differential or not. I have a 4x4 2020 XLT with black appearance
Sponsored