Terrain management upgrade?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I was wanting to upgrade and add the TM 4x4 switch and have a good idea how to do that. I also want to upgrade the TC switches as well but
But what? Your commend left me hanging.
Sponsored

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
my truck only has 3 buttons now. The top one is auto off\on an the bottom 2 are one for trailer and the other for traction control

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my truck only has 3 buttons now. The top one is auto off\on an the bottom 2 are one for trailer and the other for traction control
Yeah, you would need to buy the buttons which are rare now. And you would end up with one to control a rear locker which you don’t currently have.

we haven’t figured out trail control yet, but the terrain management button is easy to do.

the terrain management button is in the middle of the 4x4 knob after you do the install and doesn’t mess with the other three buttons.

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Yeah, you would need to buy the buttons which are rare now. And you would end up with one to control a rear locker which you don’t currently have.

we haven’t figured out trail control yet, but the terrain management button is easy to do.

the terrain management button is in the middle of the 4x4 knob after you do the install and doesn’t mess with the other three buttons.
There are a bunch of different switches. Sw8200 SW8197 SW8198 for the top set and SW8196 SW8199. Not sure which ones to look for.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kb3z-9c888-e from your picture is the button set that replaces the 3 you mentioned. It looks like this minus the dirt when you’re done.

image.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if we've gotten an AB for a Ranger Raptor? I wonder if there are any clues to enabling more drive modes within Terrain Management. I've heard rumors there is rock mode and offroad mode which allows a few other features (like keeping the diff locked over 25mph).

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Try putting the old switch back in and then saving a second as built with a different name with your updated PCM.
Disconnect battery for 15 mins; then reboot the truck.

Then try modding the new file (reinstall switch and make changes) and then remember to save it as a different file so you have the updated PCM file as a backup too
Had to spnd the money for a new switch. Now the Terrian management works again.Ford dealer messed the other switch up some how.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Had to spnd the money for a new switch. Now the Terrian management works again.Ford dealer messed the other switch up some how.
Glad to hear it is working again, sorry you had to buy a new switch but that is good news overall.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
glad you got to sorted out....sucks that it happened, if you have to take it in again I'd take it somewhere else!

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat ranger 4x4
I know the terrain management part jumped in price pretty good. I was able to find it at CARiD for $80 shipped. It should be here Monday so hopefully it's the correct part.
I know the terrain management part jumped in price pretty good. I was able to find it at CARiD for $80 shipped. It should be here Monday so hopefully it's the correct part.
Was it the correct part? If so can you link it?
Sponsored