First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrak 2.0 biturbo 213ps
Occupation
6 months
Maybe there is another switch or button that enables the terrain management?
this is my question .. I have not found..maybe a different button..maybe a cable diagram that allows me to place a button to activate it ..?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
this is my question .. I have not found..maybe a different button..maybe a cable diagram that allows me to place a button to activate it ..?
If there is not another ranger in your area that has it then it may not be available for you

Pasparakis

First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6 months
If there is not another ranger in your area that has it then it may not be available for you
someone who has been involved with a cable diagrams that allows me to place a button to activated this function?

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
someone who has been involved with a cable diagrams that allows me to place a button to activated this function?
As far as I can tell only the Ranger Raptor was equipped with this system outside of the USA. The buttons on the steering wheel were used to select the modes:
Terrain Control - Principle of Operation (fordservicecontent.com)

As you can see, the Ranger Raptor uses the same 4x4 switch as your truck:
Four-Wheel Drive - Using Four-Wheel Drive (fordservicecontent.com)

The Everest, which is on the same platform as the Ranger, used an automatic 4x4 system and had a switch similar to the USA Ranger, but it was dedicated to the terrain modes and hill descent control:
Terrain Control - Using Terrain Control (fordservicecontent.com)

Last edited:

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I read through this thread (not short :D ) and might have just missed it: can Hill Descent be used on 2wd? (I have FX2, 302A).
If not, why not? Isn't it just controlling the 4x brakes?

Pasparakis

First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6 months
As far as I can tell only the Ranger Raptor was equipped with this system outside of the USA. The buttons on the steering wheel were used to select the modes:
Terrain Control - Principle of Operation (fordservicecontent.com)

As you can see, the Ranger Raptor uses the same 4x4 switch as your truck:
Four-Wheel Drive - Using Four-Wheel Drive (fordservicecontent.com)

The Everest, which is on the same platform as the Ranger, used an automatic 4x4 system and had a switch similar to the USA Ranger, but it was dedicated to the terrain modes and hill descent control:
Terrain Control - Using Terrain Control (fordservicecontent.com)
I understand everything you tell me..I think the problem will be solved when I find the wiring diagram and in this way he installed a separate knob that activates the TM..maybe…

Pasparakis

First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6 months
I read through this thread (not short :D ) and might have just missed it: can Hill Descent be used on 2wd? (I have FX2, 302A).
If not, why not? Isn't it just controlling the 4x brakes?
I think the problem will be solved when I find the wiring diagram and in this way he installed a separate knob that activates the TM..did anyone deal with it? without having replaced the old knob;

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I think the problem will be solved when I find the wiring diagram and in this way he installed a separate knob that activates the TM..did anyone deal with it? without having replaced the old knob;
I hope so, for your sake, but I have a feeling it's going to be a Can bus type of link/signal, and may not be possible to just simply wire in a generic switch.

Pasparakis

First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6 months
I hope so, for your sake, but I have a feeling it's going to be a Can bus type of link/signal, and may not be possible to just simply wire in a generic switch.
if anyone could give us such a solution I could fix it I think ..

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Hmmm, maybe I'm misunderstanding your reply -- apologies if so.
Hill Descent control is a separate button, and not a terrain management mode.
I'm curious if Hill Descent control (which I think should only use braking) can be used on 2wd.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm curious if Hill Descent control (which I think should only use braking) can be used on 2wd.
Ive never seen a button for hill decent control but my truck is equipped with it. Mind you it may be integrated to the PCM for engine breaking when cruise control is on.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Ive never seen a button for hill decent control but my truck is equipped with it. Mind you it may be integrated to the PCM for engine breaking when cruise control is on.
Interesting, thanks. How do you enable it, then?
In the manual it says this:
"Descent Control Now Active, Press Trail Control Switch To Exit: You switched Descent Control off..." on the "Trail Control -- Information Messages" page

This video (from australia) shows a button on the console; I haven't been able to find instructions on how to activate in USA, or whether the button even exists in USA as you said :D

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting, thanks. How do you enable it, then?
In the manual it says this:
"Descent Control Now Active, Press Trail Control Switch To Exit" on the "Trail Control -- Information Messages" page

This video (from australia) shows it on the console, and I haven't been able to find instructions on how to activate in USA, or whether the button even exists in USA as you said :D
To my understanding it is technically already engaged. As for trail control that is an entirely different system on its own

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
To my understanding it is technically already engaged. As for trail control that is an entirely different system on its own
EDIT: updated based on what i read after posting.
Ah, so Hill Descent may not be a separate button on USA rangers. It may be part of Trail Control, and automatically switch to hill descent mode when going downhill.

From the manual, Trail Control should be usable in 2wd as well, although it wasn't an option when purchasing 2wd.
I just saw the beginning of this thread on working to add Trail Control to 2wd (no success yet apparently). I had thought Hill Descent was separate, but now understand that it's part of Trail Control.

Last edited:

Pasparakis

First Name
Pasparakis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6 months
I do not understand ..why do you mention Hill Descent control ;
Sponsored