Tall guys, How do you like your leg room?

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

So tall guys, are you generally satisfied with the leg room in your Ranger?

Thanks.
Cliff
Sponsored

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
I'm 6'3". I like it just fine! I learned to tweak the seat in different ways over time, because I did feel like it didn't slide far enough at first. But really it is good and comfy once it's set right.

I did go with an XLT, and noticed I like the seats better than the Lariat

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
6'5" with a 36" inseam and I've had my ACL replaced in my left knee. No issues for me. I'd like a little more legroom, but ?‍♂

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I'm 5'9" and remember my '08 XLT supercab being a bit snug for my tastes, even with the seat all the way back. Sounds like that may not be an issue any longer with the taller guys reporting no problems.

Deleted member 1634

6' 1" with 34" inseam as well. Once I put the seat where it's comfortable I haven't had any issues. This is quite possibly the most comfortable road trip seat I've ever had. Other vehicles I've had my butt start to hurt or my legs go numb after 4-6 hours. This seat we've driven 12 hours in a day and I'm still plenty comfortable at the end, if not a little antsy to move around.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
6'3" with 34" inseam. Legroom is OK. I'd like to have a bit more width - my right knee is on the console quite a bit.

We've done a few road trips and it's been very comfortable.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
6'2" with 32" inseam. Leg room is adequate, but I wouldnt mind a little more room for my right knee by the console. Legroom is certainly better the Tacoma and Ridgeline I drove and maybe about the sameish as the Canyon/Colorado .

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
6'3" and like you guys, once the seat was right, it's great, but I do bump my right knee. Super comfy truck. I do bump the headlight switch occasionally.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
You and I are about the same height. I can actually move the seat back about 3" from the position I am comfortable with.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
6'3" and 34" inseam. I can drive the truck comfortably in about a 6 inch window front to rear. Too far forward and my right knew rests against the bottom of the dash. Too far back and its a reach for the steering wheel, but my right leg has more room. Either way, its comfortable on the few 4+ hour drives I've taken it on.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
I am 6'3" and have no issues. I had to get used to having the keys touching my right knee after having push start on my last vehicle, but otherwise I have no issues. This is probably the most comfortable car I have ever owned. I have a bad back and in a lot of cars I start getting sciatica pain after about 2 hours of driving, especially when traffic is heavy and I cannot use cruise control. That has not been an issue at all in the Ranger so far (I do not have adaptive CC).

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
6'4" in the morning and about 6'3.25" by end of day ;)

I think it has more headroom than my old 2005 GMC Sierra (crew cab), leg room about the same.

No issues on long drives. My only real "irk" is the window buttons are a reach back...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs and I love the seating in my Ranger. I have manually adjustable seats in my truck. I wish I had the electronically adjustable seats because my wife is 5'2" and 90 lbs, and when she drives my truck on the rare occasion its a PITA to get the seat back to where I like it! But I find the seats and legroom to be very comfortable.

I'm in law enforcement and drove a Crown Vic with a "cage" in it for many years, from 2007 to 2014. Way too many years. The seating position in those old Crown Vics pretty much messed up my right knee. Years later, on January 1, 2019, I found myself promoted and back on patrol as a supervisor and in a Dodge Charger. Much more comfortable than the "caged" Crown Vic of old, but still not that awesome on a 12 to 14 hour rotation. (Not to mention those Dodge Chargers are like disposable cameras!) Luckily I'm back to doing what I love and I'm driving around an old unmarked F150 with plenty of room. The point of all this is that my 6'3" frame has gotten a bit sensitive to how it's seated when driving at 40 years old. And the Ranger has been awesome feeling! Even after a long day of trail driving!
Sponsored