How do you clean your undercarriage and how often?

Skelly222

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So I’ve went through some sand and clay puddles the past weekend, and a few weeks before this I went through many sand puddles. Cleaning it off is such a pain an even when I wash the wheel wells and undercarriage when it gets dry it didn’t get it all. I’m literally getting a rag and laying on my back under my truck an cleaning off everything. Any better way to do this?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wash my vehicles with a power washer/foam cannon. I just use the power washer and spray everything down good. It doesn't rain much here so we don't have any mud but when I was back east I'd do the same.

You can also get one of these. It attaches to a power washer and it'll clean the whole undercarriage.

https://www.amazon.com/Twinkle-Star...WKV17/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B082XWKV17&th=1

Unercarraige Washer.jpg

This is the power washer and foam cannon I have. You might need one a little more powerful to run the undercarriage washer above.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FCV1Z...olid=18AQHC875EVXC&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/TriNova-Cannon-Gallon-Detailing-Trucks/dp/B072JNQQY9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3O65CBLTVAEKN&keywords=trinova+foam+cannon&qid=1644448702&sprefix=trine,aps,151&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFJQ0xVTzYyNTYxM08mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4NzE4NjgzRVNPSk03MllONTQxJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5NTcyODMxWTlSM0JMMVpIQ1gzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

OP
OP
Skelly222

Skelly222

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I was definitely looking into the foam cannon, I have a pressure washer here but haven’t used it yet. But even when I get water under it, doesn’t do much. Like the sand puddles are the worst. I’ve even scrubbed hard in some spots an go back later an see it not fully cleaned ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was definitely looking into the foam cannon, I have a pressure washer here but haven’t used it yet. But even when I get water under it, doesn’t do much. Like the sand puddles are the worst. I’ve even scrubbed hard in some spots an go back later an see it not fully cleaned ?
A garden hose is somewhere around 50-60 psi. lol Try using the power washer and see if that helps. :D

OP
OP
Skelly222

Skelly222

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
are you going back out there again another weekend??

OP answers: "yes"

why worry about it so much then?
Well I’m not going back until late April. It just bothers me sometimes, like when I got the truck it looked good on the bottom an now not so much. I’ll sacrifice laying on my back few days this week to get everything ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes will do, thanks. My roommate has it an it’s a few years old an hasn’t been used, hopefully it’s still good ?
Hopefully it works as they're the best for washing along with a foam cannon. There's really no "easy" way but at least the power washer will loosen everything up that's been caked up there. When we were in UT I hit some muddy trails and found a self serve car wash like @RedDakooter05 had mentioned.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a power washer nozzle attachment that is angled up and back at me (~45*) so I don't have to crawl under to get the back/under-side of the rocker panel area. Not perfect, but it works for me.

OP
OP
Skelly222

Skelly222

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
This. And unlimited washes for $30/month. It’s near my work and go through two or three times a week during my lunch break.
You know I tried a wash at the one near me, same deal. Didn’t buy a month just tried once, didn’t get my rims much. Actually broke a piece off my hub cap, and the undercarriage was hardly touched. So I’m just iffy about it
Sponsored