First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
6’3” here. I have a long torso so the seat has to be all the way down. Legs are also long enough that it’s comfortable all the way back. To help with knee pain I have the front of the seat up and the back as low as it goes to keep support up the back of the upper leg.
Sponsored

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
I'm 6'2". Crew cab. Seat not all the way back and I feel I have much more than enough room. If I have people in the back seat I can move my driver's seat up quite far and still feel OK.

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
I'm 6'4" and I have more room in the Ranger than in my previous Ram 1500's. Seat all the way back and all the way down, leaned back 2 clicks and I'm good. I was shocked that I could touch my legs together under the steering wheel, I normally can't do that in most vehicles. I used to smack my head getting in my Tacoma and could never see stoplights without leaning over. Much happier with the Ranger.

tbirdz12

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Im 6'1" and wished the seats would go back farther. I have it jacked up high but as u jack the seat up it moves forward limiting how far back it will go.. don't like that

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

I found ample adjustment. I am 5' 11" but with my various cowboy hats, My Stetson Cowboy Hat with Cattleman's crown is another 4.5" higher. I have no problem wearing this hat with my preferred seating position. My Serratteli has a wider brim but still works well as well in this Medium sized truck as opposed to the 2007 Ranger where I had to put the hat on the dash as it hit the side of my wife's head while I was driving...

This Ranger has quite a bit of seating adjustment.

Okay...a non Ranger back story.

I built a round table out of Mesquite lumber, using a mesquite stump as a pedestal. Now to make the chairs, which most woodworkers will tell you are very difficult to get right. So I constructed a chair out of pine 2x4 and OSB. We had dinner party after dinner party folks to sit in this chair. It was screwed together by drywall screws. So based on comment, I would quickly take to the shop and modify and we did a reseating. I recorded all the data of the changes. So I amassed many date points of the chair design. I threw out the big points and small date points...(my darling little vertically challenged wifelet) and then developed an average of the dimensions of the chairs that I would then make. The end result was a very successful design that still creates rave review. Picture attached.

IMG_2566_1.jpg

Okay, so the take away is that seating in a vehicle has to take into an account of a plethora of bodies to fit. There will be some that the seats do not fit.as well. This is not like condoms where one size fits all...

Here is a picture of my table and chairs that I made. You can purchase similar cookie cutter table and chairs in our artist community for around $20,000, just to give you an idea. I invested a bunch of money into the raw slabs of Mesquite trees to make this. Ford invests in vehicles that have to address a multitude of customers...their likes and dislikes, their physical sizes their physically weights, heights etc, As for us, I guess there will always be folks that are not pleased with the design...For my wife and I, we do not invite folks back to dinner...for Ford...find another manufacture or model that suits your need.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
6'2" with 34" inseam. i have the seat a few positions forward. Last vehicle was an Xterra and had to have the seat all the way back. I have no problems with the seat or space on long trips, Just came back from Pensacola to Houston.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I would have to set all of those clocks on the same time. (whether it was correct or not):clock::crazy::LOL:

IMG_2566_1.jpg

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I"m 6'1 and I got the seat forward a couple of clicks, and up mid way. slight lean back I am very comfortable in my Ranger.

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
6’ 2” with a 37” inseam and sit with the seat 3/4 of the way back and about 1/2 way up. I have put in 14 hour days behind the wheel in comfort.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am six-foot three inches, wear 34/34 Jeans, and I am satisfied with the Ranger Lariat Super Crew's cabin size and seats. If I have the seat all the way back and elevated, my head will brush the top, especially if I am wearing a wool beanie, as I often do, but if I move it forward and/or down just a touch, then it is clear. As for my back and legs, plenty of room, although I like to tilt the seat and move it forward and back a few times on a longish trip just to keep things fresh. I do wish that they would make the seat totally power maneuverable, including the incline function, when the newer models and/or next generation come out. It is just not convenient or wise to wrestle with the incline position when driving, and so a power incline button would let us move that on the fly as well. But overall, as it is, yeah, I like the seats, no problem!

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
6'4", 36" inseam...I set my power seat slightly forward, slightly elevated, with seat back reclined a bit and steering column raised. My left leg when fully extended, fits into a recess to the left of pedals on floorboard. Did a 9 hour drive with stops for fuel and food only...felt perfect.

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
6’1”, 34” leg, touch of sciatica. The Ranger has the same seat as the Edge, if I’m right. I test drove an Edge a few years ago and found it set off the sciatica. Ended up getting a Jeep. My back was better than it had been for years with that Jeep. Needed more cargo room so got a Ranger. Very happy with it, but darned if I’m finding that seat a tad uncomfortable. The headrest seems to slightly force my back into the wrong curve. And I find there is a lot less room for my feet than in the Jeep. The toe of my right boot gets a bit tangled with the metal plate shield above. That shield was so sharp I had to take emery to it to get the edge off it. I’m getting used to operating the brake and accelerator pedals now, and experimenting with pillows for my back. Otherwise very happy with this truck.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
6’1”, 34” leg, touch of sciatica. The Ranger has the same seat as the Edge, if I’m right. I test drove an Edge a few years ago and found it set off the sciatica. Ended up getting a Jeep. My back was better than it had been for years with that Jeep. Needed more cargo room so got a Ranger. Very happy with it, but darned if I’m finding that seat a tad uncomfortable. The headrest seems to slightly force my back into the wrong curve. And I find there is a lot less room for my feet than in the Jeep. The toe of my right boot gets a bit tangled with the metal plate shield above. That shield was so sharp I had to take emery to it to get the edge off it. I’m getting used to operating the brake and accelerator pedals now, and experimenting with pillows for my back. Otherwise very happy with this truck.
Hi RG,

Sorry the seat fitment is not ideal for you. We have found that on my old 2007 Ranger that when we sat on a Purple seat cushion, it helped a ton. We also use the cushion in the rv and then move them into the house.

Okay....a seating back story. Do not recall the exact year, but it was back in the day when inflatable lumbar was a new feature. As with all new seat configurations, there has to be a management evaluaton, so we set up a seating buck evaluation of several configurations and we had several examples of various seat configurations. The squeeze bulb was velcro attached to the front of the seat in the middle. So here we are standing in this room full of seats and the Executives converge, pick up a rating clip board then almost in unison they grab the bulb and pull it up between their legs and begin squeezing the bulb. We could not contain the giggles at the sight that looked like they were all masturbating. When the Execs realized this some laughed but some were really upset. Then next day there was a design directive to move the bulb to the side of the seat... ?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Ranger Guy, I am six-foot three, 34/34 jeans, a lot of sciatica following back surgery in 1972, and so I put a lot of thought into car seats. In my previous vehicles, mostly Honda, I always needed to use some sort of lumbar support, the best of them being sold by Relax the Back, e.g., https://relaxtheback.com/products/mccartys-sacro-ease-wedge-seat-cushion. The good ones are expensive but worth every dime. Finally, I found to my great delight that the high-end seats in the 2014 Explorer Limited and 2019 Ranger Lariat are comfortable enough that I do not need anything else in there. So if you can't get comfortable in your Ranger, shop around and put something between you and the seat. They really do make a huge difference! (I have no connection to Relax the Back other than being a satisfied customer.)

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I am 6' 1" and really wish the seat would go a little further back in my SuperCrew.
Sponsored