Tall guys, How do you like your leg room?

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Iā€™m 6ā€™1 with 34ā€ inseam. I like to drive with a more upright position than most other people I know and have no issues with leg room. I think this truck has the most comfortable seats Iā€™ve ever had in a vehicle!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
6ā€™4ā€, 35ā€ inseam. Fitā€™s great. PLENTY of headroom.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
6'5" 38" inseam. I was amazed I fit!!! Make sure you get the fully adjustable seats. Tilting the seat pan down in the back and up in the front makes it more comfortable.

I'm only 6'4" with the same inseam and that makes ALL the difference in damn near every car/truck I've ever had.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
6'1" here and there's plenty of leg room. My right knee does sit a little close to the console but that's more of how I sit than lack of room. I could lower and or move the seat back, but I adjust it forward a tad to ensure my daughter has plenty of leg room when she's in the back seat. So I adjust it for her and leave it. That's a carry-over from driving a GTI for years and having kids.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
I'm 6'-1" with a 34" inseam. Today I drove a Lariat and I came away wondering if the leg room was going to be adequate, especially for longer drives. Tomorrow I'll be checking out an XLT with the manual seat to see how that is.

So tall guys, are you generally satisfied with the leg room in your Ranger?

Thanks.
Cliff
No, Ė‹cause the Steering is not adjustable in the horizontal axis and i didnā€˜t have monkey long arms...

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6'1" here and there's plenty of leg room. My right knee does sit a little close to the console but that's more of how I sit than lack of room. I could lower and or move the seat back, but I adjust it forward a tad to ensure my daughter has plenty of leg room when she's in the back seat. So I adjust it for her and leave it. That's a carry-over from driving a GTI for years and having kids.
and the GTI since 2005 is the mark of comfort for vehicle seats and setting options imho.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
No, Ė‹cause the Steering is not adjustable in the horizontal axis and i didnā€˜t have monkey long arms...
Really? I have an XLT and the steering wheel moves in and out as well as up and down.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? I have an XLT and the steering wheel moves in and out as well as up and down.
... mhhh. Another Point wich makes it annoying to be forced to buy the WORLD Ranger designed from shepherds who drive on the wrong side of the road in AUS. Mine is a Wildtrak. And if you have the 6ā€œ bed you only get the features of the XL it seem. The seatbelts arenā€˜t adjustable in high, also... itā€˜s a mess. Next month I visit the upholstery because the seat comfort is just a joke. Hope he can make it as comfortable as the GTI still is.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Ahh... OK, that makes sense why it doesn't move that way then.

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'3". I like it just fine! I learned to tweak the seat in different ways over time, because I did feel like it didn't slide far enough at first. But really it is good and comfy once it's set right.

I did go with an XLT, and noticed I like the seats better than the Lariat
I'm also 6'1" 34" inseam at 225#. Recently drove to Chicago from VA and back comfortably with no issues.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
... mhhh. Another Point wich makes it annoying to be forced to buy the WORLD Ranger designed from shepherds who drive on the wrong side of the road in AUS. Mine is a Wildtrak. And if you have the 6ā€œ bed you only get the features of the XL it seem. The seatbelts arenā€˜t adjustable in high, also... itā€˜s a mess. Next month I visit the upholstery because the seat comfort is just a joke. Hope he can make it as comfortable as the GTI still is.
You're not missing anything, the adjustable steering doesn't come back far enough to be worth anything useful.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
"Forced" to buy the Ranger? So you had no choice? That sucks.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Forced" to buy the Ranger? So you had no choice? That sucks.
Maaaan. TRY to understand the context, plz... In europe you only can buy a WORLD Ranger. Got it? There isnā€˜t any other way to get a xTra cab with a engine bigger than 2.x liters. At the end there is no way to get a xTra cab at all if u donā€˜t want to buy a WORLD Ranger, a Nissan or a Toyota...:rolleyes: or u pay the double for a imported us truck without any warranty.:beer:

edith ment: maybe I got u wrong. So yes, this sucks :blush:
Sponsored