How do you clean your undercarriage and how often?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
That is simply not true. It stays in every corner and on top of the frame etc.pp.
if u wannna keep this underbody rustfree for several years u have to use the power washer with a curved frontend extensively every spring. Than wax everything again.
i would be happy to have only a sand problem with the underbody to ignore it…;)
Let me go a little RP here. :wink:Now how would you know? Have you seen my undercarriage and inspected every corner of it? I'm not even sure you are qualified inspect my undercarriage. Are you getting under your Ranger with a toothbrush and cleaning the top of the frame rails and every corner? And then you wax it afterwards every spring?
I want pictures of your rust free undercarriage because I call bs.
Fact is I have dealt with salt every winter for more than 40 years. I have not had any issues with rust through on any of the new cars I have had for at least 10 yrs. Do they eventualy rust? yes, does it matter? no. After 10 yrs they are pretty much used up and I don't think a power washer and waxing the under carriage would matter since the rust is coming through the body.
If you read my statement, I said it works pretty well, not perfect and getting the salt off most of the underbody is better than doing nothing. This is a pickup, it's not a show queen.
:wink:
How was that RP @RANGER PRIDE?
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
If you can, park it in your yard and put a lawn sprinkler under it.
Me, I live in the salt belt so I had mine rustproofed and undercoated at Ziebart before winter.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
That is simply not true. It stays in every corner and on top of the frame etc.pp.
if u wannna keep this underbody rustfree for several years u have to use the power washer with a curved frontend extensively every spring. Than wax everything again.
i would be happy to have only a sand problem with the underbody to ignore it…;)
Bullshit.

There is no way you're waxing your undercarriage.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Bullshit.

There is no way you're waxing your undercarriage.
:clap::giggle:

Not for an extraordinary mega intelligent proud american superhero like u of course.
But my garage workshop got a …
FA3CAB88-82B9-4AC0-BBA5-23115353CBCE.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Not for an extraordinary mega intelligent proud american superhero like u of course.
I would kill for a lift like that! Even though there's no need for it, I'd be putting Graphene on my undercarriage if I had one. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman

It never ceases to amaze me what people will waste their time on.
I would kill for a lift like that! Even though there's no need for it, I'd be putting Graphene on my undercarriage if I had one. ?
Most residential garages don't have a thick enough concrete floor for a two post lift.

If I were looking for a lift I'd go with the more sturdy storage type, 4 post lift.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It never ceases to amaze me what people will waste their time on.

Most residential garages don't have a thick enough concrete floor for a two post lift.

If I were looking for a lift I'd go with the more sturdy storage type, 4 post lift.
Correct, my neighbor has one in his garage and it's a 4 post lift. He has so much stuff he stores his 300Z under it and a bunch of stuff on top when he's not using it. There's so much stuff junk on it that it must take him hours to clean it off when he needs to use it. lol

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Correct, my neighbor has one in his garage and it's a 4 post lift. He has so much stuff he stores his 300Z under it and a bunch of stuff on top when he's not using it. There's so much stuff junk on it that it must take him hours to clean it ff when he needs to use it. lol
My problem with a 4 post is after getting one I'd be forced to buy something to park on top of it.

Right now I think my choice would be.

A0E4CA60-AC2E-4ADB-BD3B-8AE3D177DDDD.jpeg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Correct, my neighbor has one in his garage and it's a 4 post lift. He has so much stuff he stores his 300Z under it and a bunch of stuff on top when he's not using it. There's so much stuff junk on it that it must take him hours to clean it off when he needs to use it. lol
That could be a separate thread - post pics of your garage to see whose has the most sh*t stored in it, I moved last fall and had to clean my garage out where sh*t was stacked all over the place and hung on the walls, found a bunch of stuff that I'd completely forgot I owned, found more than a few items that I bought replacements for because I thought I had lost the original. And the back wall coated with dark oil stains from running an engine sans valve cover.

Personally I admire those who maintain a dirty filthy junk laden garage as it's a garage for pete's sake.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Let me go a little RP here. :wink:Now how would you know? Have you seen my undercarriage?

I don't think you have seen my undercarriage, but lots of other people have?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Interestingly enough, I just hosed off the underneath of the Ranger today.
Before
20220305_143429.jpg

After
20220305_145137.jpg

I didn't take any pictures on the lift. Mostly because I don't have one but I did lay on the ground and got it pretty clean.