BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Question...
Is there a harness or plug behind the bumper you are accessing? I want to install one of these but the only thing stopping me is that I want:
1. Not to have it plugged into the trailer harness on the outside of the bumper.
2. Not to have to cut and splice wires.

I'm looking for plug and play go that's clean and well executed. And yes... Ford SHOULD have thought of that in the process. Making mods simple and easy is one of the things that makes Toyota and Jeep products popular and grows the aftermarket support for the brand. Trucks need to be flexible and Ford SHOULD have allowed this to be a possibility. The question is, did they?
The Putco one looks really nice. If you try it please post pics. It’s one I’ve pondered for a future mod.
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Tailgate light bars are one of the best looking light mods IMO, but also can be one of the worst if a cheap bar is used, or it's poorly installed.

Crooked, not centered, burned out lights, or poor light quality make it look like a cheap mod, and I'd rather not have it.

I did the Putco light bar, but disconnected the running lights. The signals and brake light are much more noticeable and effective without the running lights. I added the light bar for additional visibility for my safety as much as I did for the look.

OP
OP

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Tailgate light bars are one of the best looking light mods IMO, but also can be one of the worst if a cheap bar is used, or it's poorly installed.

Crooked, not centered, burned out lights, or poor light quality make it look like a cheap mod, and I'd rather not have it.

I did the Putco light bar, but disconnected the running lights. The signals and brake light are much more noticeable and effective without the running lights. I added the light bar for additional visibility for my safety as much as I did for the look.
How is clearance to tailgate when te tailgate is open? My tailgate almost touches the bumper cover when open.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
The outside lower edge of my tailgate touches the top frame of my license plate holder when open. The lightbar is just above the plate holder and the tailgate is well clear of it when open.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I have followed several trucks with crappy light bars, Putco looks good though, wonder how long they will warranty it ?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Im probably going to get it , and maybe even the red FORD badge , my truck needs some color , I'm getting about 6 k from my insurance for a tree that fell , should be leftover cash for some goodies ...
Sponsored