DIY very cool, inexpensive tailgate light bar - your Ranger will be seen!

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
if you want to cut and paste your answers...at least offer the proper acknowledgement to the original writer. dont plagiarize, thats just as rude.

1607573372034.png

1607573310041.png
So sorry to not include the complete google search for you but being rude is not me - check my occupation
Sponsored

MitchDraggon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Semi retired
Quick questions...I may have missed it further up:
Does your Ranger have the BLISS system?..does it have the Towing a Package?

(I believe other people had issues with other light bars (Like Putco), their vehicles had BLISS and Towing....someone please correct me if I am wrong)
I just installed an OPT7 tailgate light bar on my 2019 Ranger Lariat with tow package and BLIS. The truck is that you have to wire directly into the tail lights. I did and have no error codes and all is working. There is also a splitter that connects to 7 pin trailer hitch, converting to a 4 pin to plug into. OPT7 claims if you use this, it will bypass the error codes. You would still need to wire the reverse into one of the tail lights though. Here it the link to the harness. CURT 55384 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 4-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009FJ38Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_45YZBT9X93SRMX6T5Q59

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So old thread, but since its been bumped.

I installed running bar lights that had sequential turn signals on the back of my rack. I have an XLT with BLISS and all that fun stuff. The first test was simply plugging it into the trailer lights. It would work fine just keyed power. However once running, the sequential would not work.

Next step was wiring it directly into rear lights. So the left bar used the left light harness and vice versa for right. Again, keyed power would work, but other oddities were occuring.

To get the lights to work properly I had to run the "running lights" from both sides to my left tail light running lights wire. Then both ground lines had to use, once again, the left side harness. The left bar uses left tail lamp turn signal line, right bar uses right tail lamp turn signal line. (these bars are capable of doing both directions).

Was very weird figuring out how to get it to work properly, but LEDOnlineStore.com was pretty helpful along the way. It still has this oddity of the blinker blinks once as a whole unit, but then the sequential functions fine. By this point I wasn't going to try and troubleshoot more as that was a very minor hiccup.

Sponsored

Last edited: