First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
I just edited my last post about the dust. I'm out in the desert a lot and I don't have a tailgate seal so I'm guessing that's what's causing it. I noticed mine right after it rains but never after washing my truck. I too thought it was the damper and was spraying it down and it was still creeping. Gave the 2 hinge covers a shot and went away.
i got around to lubing the hinges. a few drops of teflon lube and a dozen cycles later and the groaning went away completely..

i lose cool points for
1) not doing this myself in the first place
2) not asking the forum before i called deezee

anyways. i guess the 'replacement' damper will be my hood ornament starting now.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i got around to lubing the hinges. a few drops of teflon lube and a dozen cycles later and the groaning went away completely..

i lose cool points for
1) not doing this myself in the first place
2) not asking the forum before i called deezee

anyways. i guess the 'replacement' damper will be my hood ornament starting now.
My first thought was the damper too. Then when I lubed it and that didn't work I figured it had to be the hinges as they're the only other moving parts.

Glad it worked out and maybe you could donate your other damper to Terry @FoD. He's exhausting me trying to convert him.....I'll even pay for the shipping. ?

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
No offense, I don’t get the tailgate dampener accessory. You grab the tailgate release handle, you lower the tailgate and you are done. Why would you want to slow the process.

What am I missing?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
No offense, I don’t get the tailgate dampener accessory. You grab the tailgate release handle, you lower the tailgate and you are done. Why would you want to slow the process.

What am I missing?
Your wife/GF/kid goes to open the tail gate...BAMB! and the dogs goes nuts while the wife/GF yells at you for how stupid your truck is ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

What am I missing?
Bragging rights from the added HP. ?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

What am I missing?
Ever try to open the tailgate from INSIDE the bed without dropping it ?

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

What am I missing?
Your wife/GF/kid goes to open the tail gate...BAMB! and the dogs goes nuts while the wife/GF yells at you for how stupid your truck is?
Bragging rights from the added HP. ?
Every try to open the tailgate from INSIDE the bed without dropping it ?
There's so much here, it's almost impossible to know what to say, almost impossible. Will require a four Turkey answer for sure. ?

first off, I guess if you wind up in the bed of your truck and have to drop your tailgate to get out, you must be an ivy league graduate, so why do you have a truck to begin with??

second, why are you hanging out with fraidycats who obviously can't handle a two step process, especially when there is a "dog" that only looks good on the end of boot involved??

lastly, you have to leave the tailgate down always so people see the damper when you blow by them while laughing out the passenger side window at them and then manly mansplain the Einsteinian theory on high-speed energy and time warping brought about by having the damper and telling the story of being stuck in the bed of your truck while being nagged at by the wife/gf/kids/dog wearing boot stuck in butt.

Really, better to get a pair of fuzzy dice for the rearview mirror for more torque first. :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
There's so much here, it's almost impossible to know what to say, almost impossible. Will require a four Turkey answer for sure. ?

first off, I guess if you wind up in the bed of your truck and have to drop your tailgate to get out, you must be an ivy league graduate, so why do you have a truck to begin with??

second, why are you hanging out with fraidycats who obviously can't handle a two step process, especially when there is a "dog" that only looks good on the end of boot involved??

lastly, you have to leave the tailgate down always so people see the damper when you blow by them while laughing out the passenger side window at them and then manly mansplain the Einsteinian theory on high-speed energy and time warping brought about by having the damper and telling the story of being stuck in the bed of your truck while being nagged at by the wife/gf/kids/dog wearing boot stuck in butt.

Really, better to get a pair of fuzzy dice for the rearview mirror for more torque first. :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:
No need for that.

?

61W7kmyMbmL._SL1500_.jpg

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I could never get in the bed without opening it first. Lol
There's this joke about 4 people in a pickup. 2 in the cab, 2 riding in the open bed. (No cover of any kind) They was cruising along until the driver realized he has no brakes. Before the pickup gained to much speed, they jumped out of the cab. But the 2 in the bed could not make it. Over the cliff they went. What happened? Turns out they could not get the tailgate open.

Knowing @FoD he'll say.....

"If it wasn't for the damper, the tailgate would have opened faster and the 2 in the bed would be alive today."

?

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
There's this joke about 4 people in a pickup. 2 in the cab, 2 riding in the open bed. (No cover of any kind) They was cruising along until the driver realized he has no brakes. Before the pickup gained to much speed, they jumped out of the cab. But the 2 in the bed could not make it. Over the cliff they went. What happened? Turns out they could not get the tailgate open.

"If it wasn't for the damper, the tailgate would have opened faster and the 2 in the bed would be alive today."

?
The 2 in the bed were Blond, no doubt!! :LOL:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I just edited my last post about the dust. I'm out in the desert a lot and I don't have a tailgate seal so I'm guessing that's what's causing it. I noticed mine right after it rains but never after washing my truck. I too thought it was the damper and was spraying it down and it was still creeping. Gave the 2 hinge covers a shot and went away.
dave do you need a tailgate seal? i have an extra.............hehehe i crack me up
tailgate seal.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

?
Naw, I think the punchline says enough about people who have dampers...the truck was a standard bed tailgate!#$%$#@# :lipssealed: but was falling nose down...

what could possibly go wrong
1602889755642.png
Sponsored