CHMSL (3rd brake light) Strobe module

BDS

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger, '23 Mach E, '23 Bronco
Looks like a great place to connect the CHMSL to the TBC.. hmmm.
I agree….. anyone done this yet? I have a TBC arriving soon from Ford and this would certainly make installation easier and I won’t have to worry about breaking a bunch of clips on trim panels.
Sponsored

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I agree….. anyone done this yet? I have a TBC arriving soon from Ford and this would certainly make installation easier and I won’t have to worry about breaking a bunch of clips on trim panels.
There are other threads that alludes to this but I really need to study the wiring diagrams…

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I hate those things. Totally annoying.
I would agree if it kept blinking. I'd want to break it and someone in pieces.... but... The three then solid light on the third brake light only..... I might grab one of these after getting hit by someone who had been behind me in traffic then suddenly didn't want to pay attention.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I would agree if it kept blinking. I'd want to break it and someone in pieces.... but... The three then solid light on the third brake light only..... I might grab one of these after getting hit by someone who had been behind me in traffic then suddenly didn't want to pay attention.
If it becomes common nobody will pay any attention to them anyway. They are totally annoying.

They are mostly on Subarus here. I’m sure a dealer ripoff add on.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
What 3rd brake light do you have?
Are you asking if it's LED? Yes. If you're asking what strobe module, I list that in one of the thread(s).

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Are you asking if it's LED? Yes. If you're asking what strobe module, I list that in one of the thread(s).
Haha no not the strobe module. I found the link you posted for that. Is it just aftermarket LED bulbs or a whole LED assembly?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've seen a few shoddy installs of modules like this.

One I saw awhile back was installed so that ALL of the brake lights flashed as long as the driver pressed the brake pedal. That was the worst.

Another one recently flashed the 3rd brake light and the left taillight only (3 or 4 flashes then solid).

I'm not enamored enough with these to want one for myself. my understanding is that they sit in some kind of gray area. not expressly legal, but not necessarily high on anyone's enforcement. but something like that is easy to change. especially with the bad installs out there, I could see one of those prompting a crackdown.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Haha no not the strobe module. I found the link you posted for that. Is it just aftermarket LED bulbs or a whole LED assembly?
It's the unit that came stock on a Lariat. LED.

I'm not enamored enough with these to want one for myself. my understanding is that they sit in some kind of gray area. not expressly legal, but not necessarily high on anyone's enforcement. but something like that is easy to change. especially with the bad installs out there, I could see one of those prompting a crackdown.
In my state they are not legal, but I've never had problems. On my Outback I installed flashing LED bulbs after someone nit wit hit me in the arse while looking at his GPS.... maybe he wouldn't have seen the flashes anyway if he was looking at his GPS, but.....

When I got the Truck and it had LEDs everywhere and I couldn't just get replacement bulbs then I just got the flasher unit for the 3rd light only.

I've seen some others around and cops never do anything about them. If they ever stop me I can have it back to stock in 10 seconds and hopefully they will be happy.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
On my Outback I installed flashing LED bulbs after someone nit wit hit me in the arse while looking at his GPS.... maybe he wouldn't have seen the flashes anyway if he was looking at his GPS, but.....
yeah, I was rear ended once in my 98 Ranger in stop-and-go crash traffic by some chick who was sniffing her armpits. I'm not convinced that the flasher makes a substantial enough of a difference in most rear-ender situations.
Sponsored