First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
This is what I did. When I started my truck before leaving work, I verified I was connected to WiFi at work. I went to SYNC Auto update and verified that I had the latest 22251. I then hit the 'Check for updates' and about 5 secs later it said SYNC is up to date. We I got home I checked my VIN on the Ford web site, and it shows 'Up to date'.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hard to understand why it works for some folks and not others (like me). Have never been able to upload the XML file from the 22000 update and the 22251 update didn't generate an XML. I wonder if the MY of the truck makes a difference? Or the trim level?
I have wondered the same Robert. Many that do the update don't receive the XML file and many do.

Is it related to trim, procedure, model year, login to the Ford site, leaving the thumb drive connected too long or not long enough, or maybe it comes down to the manner you held your tongue during the update?

I have never been notified that an update was available by an email from Ford or a notice on FordPass. I have learned mostly from people on this forum posting a notice.

I also don't believe it really makes any difference whether Ford recognizes the XML file as long as you make the current update and are able to make any future updates.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Interesting expercience last night, I logged into ford and had to accept new terms, once in it says I have updates and last update was my blend date 2/2/22 but now it shows sync version 3.4.21194 which was always blank before. I updated 22200 a few months back, Saturday I updated sucesfully to the 22251 but have never been able to upload the xml for either one. I have done 3 master resets checked for updates every few days and it always says up to date. I did get excited a few days ago as it took about 45 minute to check for updates before saying up to date.

Everything else updates Mileage tire pressure etc so kinda frustrating...

Just thought I would pass this along

LB

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Interesting expercience last night, I logged into ford and had to accept new terms, once in it says I have updates and last update was my blend date 2/2/22 but now it shows sync version 3.4.21194 which was always blank before. I updated 22200 a few months back, Saturday I updated sucesfully to the 22251 but have never been able to upload the xml for either one. I have done 3 master resets checked for updates every few days and it always says up to date. I did get excited a few days ago as it took about 45 minute to check for updates before saying up to date.

Everything else updates Mileage tire pressure etc so kinda frustrating...

Just thought I would pass this along

LB
I just checked mine and same result....Sync version has been blank, but now shows 21194 and last update on my blend date of 11/18/22. Like you, I have also updated to 22000 and then 22251 with no luck uploading XML file. I guess I'll count this as progress :rolleyes: .

Thanks for sharing.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Have you folks that have been having problems tried clearing all the cookies and history out of your browser and started freah.?

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I have contacted Ford on the XML upload issue, since Ive been getting the same error. They told me that is no longer needed and the vehicle will confirm the update OTA when connected to wifi. I suggested they update their website to reflect this new process.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Have you folks that have been having problems tried clearing all the cookies and history out of your browser and started freah.?
Tried that....still no go. Thanks for the suggestion.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I have contacted Ford on the XML upload issue, since Ive been getting the same error. They told me that is no longer needed and the vehicle will confirm the update OTA when connected to wifi. I suggested they update their website to reflect this new process.
Well, I've connected to Wi-Fi many times and Ford still shows I need to update. Thanks for checking in with them.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I started the update this afternoon using WIFI it took about 30-40 minutes at first it was slow so i moved my truck closer to the house, it confirmed the new update version 3.4.22251 .
On Fords website it still shows the old version 3.4.22200 .

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Today my old version disappeared again it's getting comical I wonder what's next?

LB
Mine too! Now Ford is just screwing with us. Or, maybe they yanked the old so they can put in the new :rolleyes:.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I started the update this afternoon using WIFI it took about 30-40 minutes at first it was slow so i moved my truck closer to the house, it confirmed the new update version 3.4.22251 .
On Fords website it still shows the old version 3.4.22200 .
Mine is showing the same and I updated it a few days ago. It must take the Ford site some time to update.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I got a notification when I got in the truck the other day on the console that the system updated to 22251 (automatically, over wifi). Total effort expended on this: zero. Improvements noticed: none.

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
New development (in addition to the sync update issue) now I get an error "Software Updates disabled" the aren't, and I get an excellent wifi connection. When I scan for updates it says software is up to date everythime. Of course Ford chat said to take it to the dealer. I am gonna ask next time I take it in.

LB
auto update disabeled.png

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
New development (in addition to the sync update issue) now I get an error "Software Updates disabled" the aren't, and I get an excellent wifi connection. When I scan for updates it says software is up to date everythime. Of course Ford chat said to take it to the dealer. I am gonna ask next time I take it in.

LB
auto update disabeled.png
I'm in the same boat. Called Ford tech support. They were no help.
Sponsored