Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Firefox, desktop PC
Thanks.....any trouble shooting tips if the XML file isn't loading onto the USB drive after successful update?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Thanks.....any trouble shooting tips if the XML file isn't loading onto the USB drive after successful update?
I won't worry too much about not being able to upload the XML file to the Ford website. In the past, I sometimes used CyanLab to update the SYNC. CyanLab updates do not provide an XML file and yet, after a period of time, the Ford site recognizes that an update was made. The Ranger communicates with Ford. That is the manner in which FordPass works to show current location, tire pressure, mileage, remote start, etc. The current version of SYNC is also updated somehow, at least that has been my experience. My advice is to check the Ford site in a week to two to see if the update has been recorded.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I updated today, then do a search over the wifi for an update, ford sees that you have been updated. Have done it that way from day one. always works.
Yep, except the Ford website still says my last update was on my blend date. Truck says every thing is up to date and shows 3.4 v22251. No version shown on Ford website.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Yep, except the Ford website still says my last update was on my blend date. Truck says every thing is up to date and shows 3.4 v22251. No version shown on Ford website.
It is just not that important Robert, in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
It is just not that important Robert, in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I get it....if it weren't for my damn OCD....hate it when things don't work the way they're supposed to. :rolleyes:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I sure would like to know how you guys are getting the Ford web site to accept your XML file. :(
When I did it yesterday I clicked on the browse button on the web page and a Windows dialogue window opened. I browsed to the XML file. Selected it then clicked on open. The browser window refreshed and the update page reflected that I was updated with the 3.4.22251 in my current version. FWIW, I use FireFox for my browser.

seasprite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
Did my update yesterday and still unable to upload the log file.

The only way I know about the update is from this forum, because my dash board at ford.com was still showing my old update that wont upload the confirmation file:mad:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Is this update applicable to the Sync with the 4.2'' screen?
Is it something i need to do or even worry about, i obviously don't have Nav.
Thanks.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Overall, I like to keep software systems up to date, but there probably isn't any harm in not updating SYNC, as they never say what is being changed. I would hope that if it was something critical, they would say so.
Sponsored