Sync 3

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
From personal experience, when voice commands are broken after updating maps, it means that the USB was removed too soon. Rerun the map update and wait until all the restarts are done with the complete message remaining on the screen.
Thank you, I will try again.
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
From personal experience, when voice commands are broken after updating maps, it means that the USB was removed too soon. Rerun the map update and wait until all the restarts are done with the complete message remaining on the screen.
To be more specific on this:

Ensure SYNC is updated to current version: As of today - Vs 23188

Map Update: NA22

Start Engine - And Idle

Insert Map (USB)

System Update - Message will pop up on the Sync Screen

The system is updating and note below:

You will see -System Update Complete- about 3 times, during the update process.

This is confusing, owners see this and pull the USB - It is NOT complete, only that specific section of the update (is)

The system will reboot, once rebooted the update process goes back to - System Software Updating

This repeats about 3 Times. You will notice these messages pop up and then go away, they will not stay a solid message on the screen.

When the Update is actually Complete, you will see a solid message:

Update Complete ----Remove USB, Update will take effect after Ignition Cycle (or something similar) to that wording.

Remove the USB, and Cycle Ignition to Off
Open the Door - To get the Sync Screen to fully power off
Close the Door - And Start Engine

Total Time: Sync Update (10-Minutes)
Map Update (50-Minutes)

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be more specific on this:

Ensure SYNC is updated to current version: As of today - Vs 23188

Map Update: NA22

Start Engine - And Idle

Insert Map (USB)

System Update - Message will pop up on the Sync Screen

The system is updating and note below:

You will see -System Update Complete- about 3 times, during the update process.

This is confusing, owners see this and pull the USB - It is NOT complete, only that specific section of the update (is)

The system will reboot, once rebooted the update process goes back to - System Software Updating

This repeats about 3 Times. You will notice these messages pop up and then go away, they will not stay a solid message on the screen.

When the Update is actually Complete, you will see a solid message:

Update Complete ----Remove USB, Update will take effect after Ignition Cycle (or something similar) to that wording.

Remove the USB, and Cycle Ignition to Off
Open the Door - To get the Sync Screen to fully power off
Close the Door - And Start Engine

Total Time: Sync Update (10-Minutes)
Map Update (50-Minutes)
Yeah, I am sure I removed it to early after seeing your reply...That is quite an update, and the instructions don't talk about the system updates...only the map. I have put it on a USB 3.0 stick in hopes it will be quicker but could not find anything saying it would work faster with a 3.0 stick as I know you are limited to the slowest device.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I am sure I removed it to early after seeing your reply...That is quite an update, and the instructions don't talk about the system updates...only the map. I have put it on a USB 3.0 stick in hopes it will be quicker but could not find anything saying it would work faster with a 3.0 stick as I know you are limited to the slowest device.
My map update took nearly an hour using a 3.0 stick.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I should have clarified, I just completed both the SYNC and MAP updates.
And I just noted times for completion for each one:

I was lucky enough not to have the issues, others were having with the previous Sync Vs. 22251
I had some free time and decided to download and install the updates.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
From the Install Instructions:

Step 11. Copy the License file to the USB in the folder “SyncMyRide”.
The Map Data and License File Downloads and Transfer to USB processes are complete. You may now be ready to
take the USB and install the new maps into your vehicle. The Vehicle Installation Instructions are located on the Order
Complete page. Download these instructions and take them with the USB to your vehicle for installation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your vehicle will need a certain level of SYNC 3 Software in order to install the maps.
This detail is located at the beginning of the Vehicle Installation Instructions. Check the software level in your
vehicle, if you need to update your software, follow the instructions outlined. Once complete, you can then
install the maps.

Below is from the install instructions.
Go to your email, click on the link at the top - Download Map Update
From that page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Install Instructions, these instructions are for (At The Vehicle)
I am attaching a copy of these instructions.
And here is what you will see when its actually complete.

1695399429187.png

Attachments

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the Install Instructions:

Step 11. Copy the License file to the USB in the folder “SyncMyRide”.
The Map Data and License File Downloads and Transfer to USB processes are complete. You may now be ready to
take the USB and install the new maps into your vehicle. The Vehicle Installation Instructions are located on the Order
Complete page. Download these instructions and take them with the USB to your vehicle for installation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your vehicle will need a certain level of SYNC 3 Software in order to install the maps.
This detail is located at the beginning of the Vehicle Installation Instructions. Check the software level in your
vehicle, if you need to update your software, follow the instructions outlined. Once complete, you can then
install the maps.

Below is from the install instructions.
Go to your email, click on the link at the top - Download Map Update
From that page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Install Instructions, these instructions are for (At The Vehicle)
I am attaching a copy of these instructions.
And here is what you will see when its actually complete.

1695399429187.png
I checked for Sync updates prior to doing the map updates and it said I had no updates and was the version I needed, so I was not expecting Sync updates...regardless as soon as I get the time, I will try again. Thanks for the info, everyone!!!

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
Earlier is this thread, I commented that there is no option available to download the 3.34.23188 update on the Ford web site for my Tremor and I am directed to have the dealer do it. I have never uses CyanLabs , only Ford software in the past. So here is more of the story:

on 10-2-2023, I made an appointment to have the update done 10-16-23. When they looked in their system yesterday (10-2-2023), they weren't able to find any SYNC updates available......but we kept the appointment date open anyway.

This morning I called Ford Sync support. They found that there was some conflicting VIN information in their computer systems for my Ranger and that it was showing that I have SYNC 4....I don't, I have SYNC 3. (This isn't the first hiccup with this vehicle & the radio...back in May, I tried updating the maps and discovered that the ESN on the Ford web site and the ESN displayed on the radio screen were not the same. That took a visit to the dealer to correct as well.)

Anyway, the guy at Ford Sync Support said he corrected the mistake and that for this update, and for my vehicle, I still need to take it in, and that the dealer will probably have to call them to help assist with the update.

Since there are some existing issues, I am brave enough to try the Cyan Lab update.

Are any of you with 2022 Tremors running into any problems like this, or am I just the lucky one?

Ohwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Earlier is this thread, I commented that there is no option available to download the 3.34.23188 update on the Ford web site for my Tremor and I am directed to have the dealer do it. I have never uses CyanLabs , only Ford software in the past. So here is more of the story:

on 10-2-2023, I made an appointment to have the update done 10-16-23. When they looked in their system yesterday (10-2-2023), they weren't able to find any SYNC updates available......but we kept the appointment date open anyway.

This morning I called Ford Sync support. They found that there was some conflicting VIN information in their computer systems for my Ranger and that it was showing that I have SYNC 4....I don't, I have SYNC 3. (This isn't the first hiccup with this vehicle & the radio...back in May, I tried updating the maps and discovered that the ESN on the Ford web site and the ESN displayed on the radio screen were not the same. That took a visit to the dealer to correct as well.)

Anyway, the guy at Ford Sync Support said he corrected the mistake and that for this update, and for my vehicle, I still need to take it in, and that the dealer will probably have to call them to help assist with the update.

Since there are some existing issues, I am brave enough to try the Cyan Lab update.

Are any of you with 2022 Tremors running into any problems like this, or am I just the lucky one?
Does anyone know if Sync 3.4 and Sync 4 use the same map update files except for the license file or are they different?
Sponsored