Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Updated mine tonight all went well and only 8 min. Truck shows everything up to date but xml file won't update as with 3.4.22200 a month ago. But I do have 3.4.22251 now and truck says it all good. Will part near wifi again and see if it sends it to the web site like it did last time.
Sponsored

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I keep checking both on fords website and through WiFi in the truck. Both say up to date with 22200.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I keep checking both on fords website and through WiFi in the truck. Both say up to date with 22200.
Mine was like that. Today when I pulled into my driveway getting home from work it connected to my home network and informed me it was updating all on its own. They must try so many in a day to keep from overloading the servers. Is what it is

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey noticed a difference with the Sync3.422251 update. I park my truck in a potable garage in my side yard. Since I have had the truck that area only gets a dot on my Wi-Fi meter on the screen. If I wanted a stronger signal I had to park in the driveway right next to the house. Now I get 4 bars when parked in the garage and have done nothing with my Wi-Fi in the house. So I’m thinking there must of been something in it to update the modem. Just something I noticed after the update.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Mine was like that. Today when I pulled into my driveway getting home from work it connected to my home network and informed me it was updating all on its own. They must try so many in a day to keep from overloading the servers. Is what it is
Yeah, it was always a slow roll out when I was there for the OTA's to get out. It could depend on MY or vehicle line, etc.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Thanks for posting on this thread.
That should clear things up for a lot of folks.
In that, ya it'll do it, but might take quite some time.
Thanks again.

Wings06j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I tried updating and no xml file this time. I tried the USB a second time and left it after it said complete. After about the 6th update complete and restart i pulled the drive and gave up. Hopefully it figures itself out eventually.

One thing I just realized. Both attempts I made this time the truck was already in drive. Per the ford instructions you have to be in park to start. I'll try again in a few days and see if that changes the outcome

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I tried updating and no xml file this time. I tried the USB a second time and left it after it said complete. After about the 6th update complete and restart i pulled the drive and gave up. Hopefully it figures itself out eventually.

One thing I just realized. Both attempts I made this time the truck was already in drive. Per the ford instructions you have to be in park to start. I'll try again in a few days and see if that changes the outcome
I've tried multiple times with mine, in park and while driving......update completed, but no XML file. Frustrating to say the least. Ford still shows my last update was on my blend date :rolleyes: .

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It took a couple of days for mine to complete the download over WiFi and today it updated itself. First time the display died while driving down the road and it reboots. Then the message appears updating completed.

All the other times I got impatient and downloaded the file and USB stick the update. Seems screen changes are happening faster now. That could just be me though ??‍♂

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Every time I get to my truck started downloading the update via WiFi, but I'm not going to leave it running and wait for it to finish. So, as last time, I updated via USB. But this time, same as everyone else, no XML file was created. Dollars to donuts there will be another update in a month or so to fix this broken update.
I see it all the time with computer updates. A 'new and improved' software version is released, then a couple of days later, there is a 'hot fix' to fix what the update broke.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Every time I get to my truck started downloading the update via WiFi, but I'm not going to leave it running and wait for it to finish. So, as last time, I updated via USB. But this time, same as everyone else, no XML file was created. Dollars to donuts there will be another update in a month or so to fix this broken update.
I see it all the time with computer updates. A 'new and improved' software version is released, then a couple of days later, there is a 'hot fix' to fix what the update broke.
So very true. I can tell you after 31 years as a software engineer that when you make a change in model A something breaks over in module B that no one in a million years would have ever anticipated. This modern world we live in is mind boggling complex!

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
So, as last time, I updated via USB. But this time, same as everyone else, no XML file was created.
I down loaded 3.4.22251 last week and it installed just fine and the XML file was created. I was also able to upload it.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I down loaded 3.4.22251 last week and it installed just fine and the XML file was created. I was also able to upload it.
Hard to understand why it works for some folks and not others (like me). Have never been able to upload the XML file from the 22000 update and the 22251 update didn't generate an XML. I wonder if the MY of the truck makes a difference? Or the trim level?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It took a couple of days for mine to complete the download over WiFi and today it updated itself. First time the display died while driving down the road and it reboots. Then the message appears updating completed.

All the other times I got impatient and downloaded the file and USB stick the update. Seems screen changes are happening faster now. That could just be me though ??‍♂
After finally upgrading mine last month for the first time since I've owned it I did do the newest one the other day. It started the download and looked to be complete but I noticed today it still said updating. Hopefully it finishes overnight since I won't be driving it until tomorrow.
Sponsored