SYNC 3 is pissing me off!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Yes, thank you, that makes sense.

But a "(long press seek forward on the EFP and SW)"? Is that a ten second hold of the "seek forward" button on either location or both locations? (I'm not in the truck and it's not handy to look/try at the moment.)

TIA!
Correct. Press and hold both seek forward buttons down together for ~10 seconds until the speaker test begins.

For the v3.4 question, see signature below.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Not fully up on the details, but I had heard something about later builds of v3.3 having some issue with OTA update, but USB was no issue, so go with USB if it's not updating OTA.
Update complete, thanks for the help! While the OTA update never happened, going the USB route got me there. And I still say the Ford instructions stink!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah-ha! That helps! Any idea about a schedule? (Yeah, I know, you're probably not at liberty to say....)
No idea to be honest. An updated build for v3.4 is starting to hit plants now. It's usually a few builds in before an update will go live for previous MY releases to update. That's a good thing though as it means more issues will be ironed out.

Thanks for being here and helping with questions.
Happy to help where I can.

RJSI

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT HPR
https://owner.ford.com/

You can download USB updates from there in the case that the OTA update is not applied.
Followed all these instructions, USB did not fired up, the only thing I saw was Indexing files once plugged, but nothing happen thereafter. Follow the trouble shooting, and nothing

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Is this not a warranty issue?
The dealership gave me the impression that it wasn’t.
If it will not update as intended and be user friendly shouldn’t Ford figure out why?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Followed all these instructions, USB did not fired up, the only thing I saw was Indexing files once plugged, but nothing happen thereafter. Follow the trouble shooting, and nothing
Files are on the drive incorrectly. The fact it is indexing is the give away. The .MSA file tells SYNC not to index the drive. That and the autoinstall need to be at the base/root level. Then the other packages are in the SyncMyRide folder.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this not a warranty issue?
The dealership gave me the impression that it wasn’t.
If it will not update as intended and be user friendly shouldn’t Ford figure out why?
The OTA update not working? Dealer should've updated it for you.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Files are on the drive incorrectly. The fact it is indexing is the give away. The .MSA file tells SYNC not to index the drive. That and the autoinstall need to be at the base/root level. Then the other packages are in the SyncMyRide folder.
Ok I can redo the files, I did them from the Mac, I can try doing them from a PC Windows and try.

Thanks

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I can redo the files, I did them from the Mac, I can try doing them from a PC Windows and try.

Thanks
Did you use stuffit to unzip it on the Mac? That's been an issue for a few folks that haven't used the utility.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use stuffit to unzip it on the Mac? That's been an issue for a few folks that haven't used the utility.
That was probably my issue, the PC files just went up into the Ranger smooth, was done in under 20-25 mins with full reset. Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored