Is Sync 3 Version 3.3 the Newest Available?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Checked my Sync Versons and it's Version 3.3 which came out in April. Is that the newest?

Second Question, I have AT&T Vehicle Hotspot and can't connect to it for Sync updates. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Not sure why my Vehicle doesn't "See" it. I also have failed to connect to my iPhone Personal Hotspot, although the Sync Sees it and allows me to enter the Password before it fails to connect.
Sponsored

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Checked my Sync Versons and it's Version 3.3 which came out in April. Is that the newest?

Second Question, I have AT&T Vehicle Hotspot and can't connect to it for Sync updates. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Not sure why my Vehicle doesn't "See" it. I also have failed to connect to my iPhone Personal Hotspot, although the Sync Sees it and allows me to enter the Password before it fails to connect.
3.3 is the latest 'official' version, however 3.4 should be released soon-ish.

The AT&T Hotspot is so other devices can connect to your truck's internet connection, the truck is already connected always if you've subscribed to the data service.

I had some trouble connected to my phone's hotspot from the truck and I found it was due to the hotspot name. I'm not sure which it was, but I had a 0 (zero) and an apostrophe in the hotspot name. Once I removed both of those, it connected fine.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

The AT&T Hotspot is so other devices can connect to your truck's internet connection, the truck is already connected always if you've subscribed to the data service.

I had some trouble connected to my phone's hotspot from the truck and I found it was due to the hotspot name. I'm not sure which it was, but I had a 0 (zero) and an apostrophe in the hotspot name. Once I removed both of those, it connected fine.
Interesting. How do I subscribe to the data Set I’ve? Is that Ford Pass which is now always Free?

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect

So you are saying that SYNC will update automatically if we have the AT&T hot spot even if we do not have automatic updates enabled? If I have auto updates enabled it is always looking for an internet connection but never finds one. It then will post a note about it every time we start the truck but will never update. So I just turn the auto updates off.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So you are saying that SYNC will update automatically if we have the AT&T hot spot even if we do not have automatic updates enabled? If I have auto updates enabled it is always looking for an internet connection but never finds one. It then will post a note about it every time we start the truck but will never update. So I just turn the auto updates off.
I think that was an issue not a feature. I remember turning off auto update for that reason several months ago.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. How do I subscribe to the data Set I’ve? Is that Ford Pass which is now always Free?
Ford Pass will be free forever, but the hotspot will still be a paid feature through a cellular provider. I believe its ATT in the US and Bell in Canada.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No I'm not saying that, I'm not 100% sure if the truck can use its own hotspot to connect and download Sync Updates. It can however connect to your cell phone's hotspot OR a home wifi connection and download updates that way. If you have auto-updates disabled, the only way for you to receive updates is via a USB update which can be downloaded from owner.ford.com. The 'always looking for an internet connection' bit you mentioned was a bug and was fixed in a sync update. I'd recommend you visit the Ford owner website and check for sync updates there and install any that are pending.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Pass will be free forever, but the hotspot will still be a paid feature through a cellular provider. I believe its ATT in the US and Bell in Canada.
OK, I’ve been paying AT&T for the Hotspot. Been using it for months but only using about 450mb of the 2gb per month. I cancelled it today. So, since I have FordPass it should update if I have auto update on. Right?

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I’ve been paying AT&T for the Hotspot. Been using it for months but only using about 450mb of the 2gb per month. I cancelled it today. So, since I have FordPass it should update if I have auto update on. Right?
Sync should update if you connect to your phone's hotspot, or a wifi connection at home as long as you have auto-update enabled. You can also manually check for updates once connected to wifi/hotspot.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ever since I bought the truck, Sync 3 displayed that auto-update message each time I started the truck - it finally went away after I installed the newest version (v3.3) update via the Ford Owner website and USB drive method... no more annoying messages. What I haven't done though is something about notifying Ford that my system's been updated... will look into that.

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ever since I bought the truck, Sync 3 displayed that auto-update message each time I started the truck - it finally went away after I installed the newest version (v3.3) update via the Ford Owner website and USB drive method... no more annoying messages. What I haven't done though is something about notifying Ford that my system's been updated... will look into that.
I went to the owners website today. I signed in and went to the Sync update page. First it said “authorization needed” then it changed pages and just kept “spinning”. What gives?!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the owners website today. I signed in and went to the Sync update page. First it said “authorization needed” then it changed pages and just kept “spinning”. What gives?!
Hi Dennis,

I had the same thing happen. Something is wrong! I went through the My Ford Benefits site and go into the correct area and have now got my thumb drive programed to do the download, but Idling my vehicle for several hours is just flat stupid. Will have to figure out some other way to do this update...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hi Dennis,

I had the same thing happen. Something is wrong! I went through the My Ford Benefits site and go into the correct area and have now got my thumb drive programed to do the download, but Idling my vehicle for several hours is just flat stupid. Will have to figure out some other way to do this update...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Is 3.3 the latest version?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Dennis,

I really do not know as the latest version was covered in another thread. This is from my retiree email that did not outline if this is 3.3 or 3.4. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this... I really dislike the way Ford Sync does things...Way the too F too complicated.

There is a Ford Sync Voice Engineer on these Forums... I will regress from giving him my piece of mind on this absolutely horrible system of upgrades and operational glitches. Sync had never been "ready fro Prime time" since it was introduced to the public. Sync led to the downfall of the Executive VP of Engineering, Derek K.... Get these computer Geeks out of their A$$ and into the real world...Not everyone out there is below 30 years old! SHEESH!:thumbsdown::explode::explode::explode:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co Retired

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have issues with fords owner site all the time.. A few ages just sit and spin...
Part of the time I can not log in..
It really seems to hate Chrome.
Sponsored