Is Sync 3 Version 3.3 the Newest Available?

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
@James Caper - I control the climate via the panel switches which in the Ranger are tough to see during the day. Black buttons on black dash in a black interior. Knobs would have been MUCH better. So that's one reason I want Climate back. I didn't revert to 3.3 yet. I really like 3.4 except for the Climate issue. It's cleaner, smoother and more responsive IMHO than previous Sync.

I will review the ForScan settings I have once again but I'm pretty sure I tried that combination in my APIM several times already. Thank you for posting that.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I am too am curious and beyond a business decision would there be any other technical reason why FORD would not update 2019 Sync3 systems to the latest iteration of the software?
2019's will get a proper v3.4 upgrade in a few months. That's the one that will cover all supporting MYs (anything that shipped with v3.2 software or later, and v3.2 hardware). Generally, the first few drops of a newer revision are never the first to go out to the field. The v3.0 vehicles have a different hardware revision and partitioning. That's not needed for Ranger, only a bit more patience. :)

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
@James Caper - I control the climate via the panel switches which in the Ranger are tough to see during the day. Black buttons on black dash in a black interior. Knobs would have been MUCH better. So that's one reason I want Climate back. I didn't revert to 3.3 yet. I really like 3.4 except for the Climate issue. It's cleaner, smoother and more responsive IMHO than previous Sync.

I will review the ForScan settings I have once again but I'm pretty sure I tried that combination in my APIM several times already. Thank you for posting that.
I could not agree more about how difficult the manual controls are to see! It doesn't help that the panel is vertical, or at worse, tilts down slightly. It would help a whole lot if the controls were backlit at all times.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
@UofMEngineer> Thank you for responding with that information. I guess it might be smarter to hang loose until that "proper" upgrade is released rather than hacking away at the existing with ForScan. It ain't as much fun but.... probably safer.

Cheers! :headbang:

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger

I will have to look at my sons again I didnt see any buttons looks like its all controlled on screen.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
2019's will get a proper v3.4 upgrade in a few months. That's the one that will cover all supporting MYs (anything that shipped with v3.2 software or later, and v3.2 hardware). Generally, the first few drops of a newer revision are never the first to go out to the field. The v3.0 vehicles have a different hardware revision and partitioning. That's not needed for Ranger, only a bit more patience. :)
I was thinking you had left. Glad you are still here.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Great news! Thank you!

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Solution found> on another Ranger forum I posted the issue and attempts to resolve. https://www.saeb.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3312&start=25
Moderator had me upload my APIM to the site. He found an issue in settings, sent me a revised APIM, Climate icon is back!

Thanks to all here as well who offered ideas and information. If anyone else does the upgrade from 3.3 and had the issue, PM me and I will send you the APIM.abt given to me. Cheers!

60064569923__6BA92C4E-C70F-4B93-A7E4-7C49056EC27A.jpeg

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Can you not post what the changes were to the APIM so that others can view.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
.abt file attached for whomever needs it
Is that another Rangers APIM, did you do a comparison to yours, did you save yours at 3.4 before uploading that APIM? Finally I assume you are at 3.4 as it looks so.

Thanks for posting it.

If you have your saved APIM you can use a comparison tool or you could post it and I will compare for you to try to see what changed.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
@James Caper > Yes, of course I saved my APIM before applying the one I was given. I have numerous iterations of the file that I kept while trying to troubleshoot. I have the comparison tool but it was simpler to upload the new see if it worked then back it out if it didn't. Fortunately, it worked. I may look at the comparison when I get a chance. The key to what the guy did was in the fact that I had my factory APIM loaded before I upgraded to 3.4. The instructions on the F150 forum made that clear. So the dude that solved the problem was working with a clean APIM from a '19 Ranger, Lariat with 501a. If you have that truck, then you have the same APIM I would have to say.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I installed Sync 3.4 build 20021 last night. It took about 25 minutes but I already had the 1.18 map update installed. I noticed two problems after the install. The maps still show as 1.17 and the Climate controls are missing from the Home Screen as already mentioned by Nluongo. Sync 3.4 is displaying the temperature pop-up when changes are made using the hard buttons. I have 14G421-CAB maps and 14G422-CAC nav voice in the IVSU software screen so I thing everything installed ok. I also ran a factory reset after installing but that didn't fix the issues.

I played with it for about an hour so there may be other issues to resolve before Ford releases the official Ranger build. I don't think it should be necessary to use Forscan to fix either of these issues. I hardly ever use the climate control screen so I'll just continue to use it and wait for the official Ranger version.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used Forscan after the 3.4 update to bring back my climate controls, to shut off stop-start in, added seated heat icons on the screen below the phone. There are few other things I'm looking to do like turning on the fog lights with the brights. That can be adjusted with Forscan but I was using the F-150 list.

20200325_193331.jpg

20200325_193312.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: