Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
*** the below text is from a Ford Focus Forum***
---To all of you techie's-- See if you can find a secret menu for the 2019 Ranger---

Sync 3 Hidden Menu

I did both a Google and forum search and couldn't find anything on here so I thought I would pass on some info. If it has already been shared, mods please delete.

Get in car, hit start stop without clutch pressed to turn on accessories. go to AM or FM. Press and hold eject and scan at the same time for up to 20 seconds.
Stereo will start into a speaker test. You can skip it or let it finish. Then a menu with about 9 different heading will come up. I did this on my lunch break so I didn't get a chance to go deep at all except I did find where to change the splash screen on shut down (now my RS shows a nice Shelby Cobra on shut down, lol) I didn't see if you could install your own and will play with it some more after work.

It's a diagnostic menu, it shows you the current configuration and enabled features.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
*** the below text is from a Ford Focus Forum***
---To all of you techie's-- See of you can you find a secret menu for the 2019 Ranger---

Sync 3 Hidden Menu

I did both a Google and forum search and couldn't find anything on here so I thought I would pass on some info. If it has already been shared, mods please delete.

Get in car, hit start stop without clutch pressed to turn on accessories. go to AM or FM. Press and hold eject and scan at the same time for up to 20 seconds.
Stereo will start into a speaker test. You can skip it or let it finish. Then a menu with about 9 different heading will come up. I did this on my lunch break so I didn't get a chance to go deep at all except I did find where to change the splash screen on shut down (now my RS shows a nice Shelby Cobra on shut down, lol) I didn't see if you could install your own and will play with it some more after work.

It's a diagnostic menu, it shows you the current configuration and enabled features.
Clutch? You have a manual?:shock:

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
I believe @j0shm1lls found it in an earlier post. If I remember correctly, he stated that the splash screens go away after you turn off the ignition. You can probably do it permanently in Forescan. I have the complete Ford "GT" theme in my F-150. It completely changes everything including the way the icons look in Sync 3 to match the current "GT".

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
Be careful ... I locked up my f 150 screwing aroumf in that hidden menu ... shut it down restarted twice and it straightened out ... lock your shit up hard then it’s got be towed and they gonna charge you 500 to fix it ( like most things the fix will take them 30 minutes )

stognlan

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Telecommunications Transport Engineer
(2020 Ranger XLT, Sync3) Press "Next Track" button on stirring wheel controls and "Next Track" under the infotainment screen at the same time for about 10 seconds. A Speaker Test will start. Press End Test. Then a menu will pop up. If you select "Enable Test Settings" this hidden menu will now be a choice on your normal settings menu. If you scroll down, on the "hidden menu" there's a test-settings, inside those options you can change the splash page logo.

IMG_20200628_174434.jpg

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
So, 2020 still the older version of Sync. Gonna be forever before we get an update.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Mine was SYNC3 v3.4.19274 which kind of surprised me. I didn't think 3.4 was released officially yet.
2020 Rangers were delivered with the latest version I believe. If you have WiFi capabilities on your truck you can also check & download any updates thru the sync menu.

sullivanfire619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4wd
(2020 Ranger XLT, Sync3) Press "Next Track" button on stirring wheel controls and "Next Track" under the infotainment screen at the same time for about 10 seconds. A Speaker Test will start. Press End Test. Then a menu will pop up. If you select "Enable Test Settings" this hidden menu will now be a choice on your normal settings menu. If you scroll down, on the "hidden menu" there's a test-settings, inside those options you can change the splash page logo.

IMG_20200628_174434.jpg

Yes, this works but will disappear as soon as you turn the truck off.

Michael Chace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT. Recently the display changed. All the buttons and screen are in various shades of blue. I remember that there was "Presets" button on the right and that is no longer there. There were four dots of different colors. The antenna icon was a different color than the drab blue it is now. Has anyone else had this happen? And is it fixable?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I have a 2019 Ranger XLT. Recently the display changed. All the buttons and screen are in various shades of blue. I remember that there was "Presets" button on the right and that is no longer there. There were four dots of different colors. The antenna icon was a different color than the drab blue it is now. Has anyone else had this happen? And is it fixable?
Buried in the display menu you can change the colors of background and also have night screen as default all the time if you don’t like the daytime screen.

Michael Chace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Yes I found that. Only offers background 4 blue choices. Night screen 4 choices. My screen had other buttons that just disappeared. The "Presets" button had four colors and the entire button is gone. Trying to figure out why??

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Welcome to version 3.4 of SYNC. Your system probably updated itself over WIFI. They finally got OTA (over the air) updates working. Presets stay on your screen all the time, don't need a button.