Is Sync 3 Version 3.3 the Newest Available?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
3.3 is but you can upgrade to 3.4 but it is not officially released and is far better, but there is no going back.
Dealers can revert back to stock 3.3. I know this because I had 3.4 and I took it to Ford to add the climate controls and they just reverted back to 3.3 gave me my truck back. It's another half-hour running in the garage to reinstall 3.4 and use forscan for the rest of it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum
Cyanlabs.net/tutorials now has a "NEW" Ford Sync Upgrade tool (Windows only) that provides a step by step guide to upgrade from Sync versions 3.2 0r 3.3 to the desired Sync 3.4 build with maps.

https://cyanlabs.net/applications/ford-sync-downloader/

The Windows tool automates the entire process from Disclaimer, download of files directly from official Ford links, building the USB key for update, etc...

This tool only requires one USB stick, but because it is downloading the Sync App files, compatible voice files, and the maps, a USB key size of at least 16GB is recommended. USB3 not required or recommended.

I just tested the creation of the USB key and the files size required 13.4GB.

They obviously ran into some support issues with the manual process as they mention they had to remove the downloadable files from their website to not get into trouble with Ford.

I was able to successfully update my 2019 Ranger to Sync 3.4 Build 20021 using the manual method, but this automated method is recommended because the process downloads the correct, compatible files for you and formats and prepares the USB key automatically.

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum

xeromen23

First Name
Dusan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 ecoboost, model number: R4F, 2.3L
Occupation
Retired
.abt file attached for whomever needs it
Hi!
Please, I need help with extracting this update to my vehicle, how? Can anybody knows. I see only 1kb. I like to be my RANGER work - CLIMATE CONTROL back. TY. xwromen23
Sponsored