First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As a Texas resident, I don't have the need to use heated seats very often. But it's relatively cold here this week. So I decided to try out my heated seats (Lariat), and could not find any control on the Sync screen anywhere. I see from this thread that some people do have them on the home screen, others do not. The comments about the controls not appearing on Sync if you have hard buttons seem to be generic Sync instructions, not necessarily the Ranger.

In absence of them appearing on the Home screen, I assumed they'd be on the climate as shown on this additional generic Sync image, but mine aren't there either. So I guess I'm going to just have to use the hard buttons. And, I do have the latest Sync updates.

upload_2019-11-1_10-59-53.png
I was playing around with my main screen just the other day. Mine look like the screen you displayed and I also have the hard buttons.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
As a Texas resident, I don't have the need to use heated seats very often. But it's relatively cold here this week. So I decided to try out my heated seats (Lariat), and could not find any control on the Sync screen anywhere. I see from this thread that some people do have them on the home screen, others do not. The comments about the controls not appearing on Sync if you have hard buttons seem to be generic Sync instructions, not necessarily the Ranger.

In absence of them appearing on the Home screen, I assumed they'd be on the climate as shown on this additional generic Sync image, but mine aren't there either. So I guess I'm going to just have to use the hard buttons. And, I do have the latest Sync updates.
Home Screen>Climate Control Screen>then Menu for additional controls in Climate Control Screen.

InkedIMG_6617_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_6618_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_6619_LI.jpg

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I wish the seat would default to off after shutting off. My Fusion is that way. It's annoying that I come back to the truck after work, start driving and then wonder why it's so warm.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I wish the seat would default to off after shutting off. My Fusion is that way. It's annoying that I come back to the truck after work, start driving and then wonder why it's so warm.
Yes that is annoying. Seems so simple.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I've been trying to find if it's a change that's possible in Forscan but no dice yet along with the turn signal flash count...

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

upload_2019-11-1_10-59-53.png
On this sync screen the heated seat button is just above the "audio" on the bottom left.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Home Screen>Climate Control Screen>then Menu for additional controls in Climate Control Screen.
Mine doesn't have the option on any of the Sync screens. The areas you circled are just blank. It's like Sync doesn't recognize that I have heated seats. The only way I can do it is through the buttons on the very bottom of the console face.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program choice to have it in both places. Some prefer hard buttons, some soft buttons on screen. I guess they decided to offer both in this case. And yep, Forscan will do it if you don't want them on screen.
But what's someone to do if they don't have them on the screen and want them on the screen? Is the fact that several people have reported them on the SYNC screen enough to suggest that they should be there by default???

I went to my dealer this morning, and because the (weekend) service rep couldn't find an example in the manual, he had no solution and didn't offer any help. I also went thru a chat session on the Ford Owner site, and basically got the same response. If they can't confirm via the manual that it should be there, then they don't know what to do.

I did check my printed owners manual and an updated PDF version, and neither made any reference to them being on SYNC. The only reference was to "Press the heated seat symbol to cycle through the various heat settings and off" (doesn't say where that is). And FWIW, that symbol is on the hard button, albeit very difficult to see.

Just venting... (unless there really is an answer). :wink:

BlueTonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt lightning blue
I also don't have them and kinda wish I did! I didn't realize they could be there until i was given a loaner which did have them. Been curious about this ever since. I'm glad someone started a discussion about this!

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
I also do not have the option anywhere to add. Lariat with 501A. Very strange that only some people have the ability to add them.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
I also do not have the option anywhere to add. Lariat with 501A. Very strange that only some people have the ability to add them.
on mine I had to enable them with forscan and change the theme to raptor for them to show up. now they are there and work just fine.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use forscan to activate the seat heater buttons?
I haven't ventured to use forscan for anything. Mines all stock settings.

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
my ranger has the seat warmers available on the touch screen immediately below the radio display on the home screen. the ony other spot i could access from the touchscreen is through climate then additional settings. I am on version 3.3 (updated via USB)

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
my ranger has the seat warmers available on the touch screen immediately below the radio display on the home screen. the ony other spot i could access from the touchscreen is through climate then additional settings. I am on version 3.3 (updated via USB)
I'm getting ready to address this again with my dealer. Their defense the first time was that they couldn't find anything that said it should be there. So I found a Sync Manual on PDF, and did a search for 'heated seats', and it SHOWS it to be on both the home screen and the climate screen. But, on the page showing the Home screen, it also SAYS "This icon does not display if your vehicle has hard button controls for heated and climate controlled seats." There is no disclaimer for the Climate screen.

I'm assuming that since you have a Lariat, your controls are the same as mine, ie you have the (very difficult to see) hard buttons, but you have the soft buttons on the Sync screen too.

upload_2019-11-17_17-51-45.png
Sponsored