Finitalia

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hello everyone,
The title says it all. Picked up a brand new 2021 Ranger XLT yesterday and already have an issue. I noticed that the fuel gauge on my Ford Pass was reading full, and the gauge on the dash showed 3/4 full. Also, the Temperature gauge is stuck on cold and doesn’t move at all. I put 100 miles on the truck today and filled up with gas again, and still the same issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hello everyone,
The title says it all. Picked up a brand new 2021 Ranger XLT yesterday and already have an issue. I noticed that the fuel gauge on my Ford Pass was reading full, and the gauge on the dash showed 3/4 full. Also, the Temperature gauge is stuck on cold and doesn’t move at all. I put 100 miles on the truck today and filled up with gas again, and still the same issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sounds like a trip to the dealer.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Just to be clear.

Your problem is that the FordPass app shows differently than your truck?

Ford Pass can be finicky. Can't say that I've ever looked at my fuel level or temp on the app.

OP
OP

Finitalia

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just to be clear.

Ford Pass can be finicky. Can't say that I've ever looked at my fuel level or temp on the app.
It’s not Ford pass. The temp gauge doesn’t move at all on the dash and the fuel gauge doesn’t go past 3/4 full.
Sorry for the confusion

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
It’s not Ford pass. The temp gauge doesn’t move at all on the dash and the fuel gauge doesn’t go past 3/4 full.
Sorry for the confusion
Definitely needs to go to dealer then.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just to be clear.

Where does Dispassionate show temp. Mine shows mileage, location fuel level, distance to empty, tire pressure, and oil life. No temps that I can find. I thought the OP was talking the in-truck gauges. Agree Fordpass can be flaky, but I found mine fairly accurate when it is working.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
For shits and giggles, disconnect and reconnect battery (negative terminal). Also, plug battery to a trickle charger over night. These new cars are super finicky. If they’re even slightly under voltage weird crap starts happening. See what that does. If nothing, go to dealership

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Where does Dispassionate show temp. Mine shows mileage, location fuel level, distance to empty, tire pressure, and oil life. No temps that I can find. I thought the OP was talking the in-truck gauges. Agree Fordpass can be flaky, but I found mine fairly accurate when it is working.
It doesn't apparently, just looked. I just kind of assumed it did because I was reading this wrong.

I noticed that the fuel gauge on my Ford Pass was reading full, and the gauge on the dash showed 3/4 full. Also, the Temperature gauge is stuck on cold and doesn’t move at all.
He is talking about the truck's guages though. Apparently it never reads more than 3/4 full and the temp display is in-op.

I never have had an issue with FordPass either. All I use it for is to start and schedule service though. Seems a lot of folks have issues with it, which I think come from connectivity problems.

OP
OP

Finitalia

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just got truck back from the dealership. They replaced the entire instrument cluster and now everything works properly.
Sponsored