First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Private Security
So I’m 75% sure this is my issue and I’m just trying to do research. I normally end up with WAY more fuel in my oil than I should. I have not sent it off to get testing done yet, but I can see there is a rise in my oil level. In addition it smells like there is a ton of fuel in it. I read elsewhere that faulty fuel injector will continue to leak fuel after the engine is off and I was told there was a TSB for that. Can anyone confirm? Is so what is the TSB number?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I understand there has been a lot of talk about fuel in oil and shit but i cam say that I have a 2019 with 41,500 miles on it and never had the issue. My big question to you is "is your truck tuned? If so what tune do you have?"

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
So I understand there has been a lot of talk about fuel in oil and shit but i cam say that I have a 2019 with 41,500 miles on it and never had the issue. My big question to you is "is your truck tuned? If so what tune do you have?"
It is tuned, I have the Ford Performance Tune. I have 23xxx miles on a 2020 built 06/20.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is tuned, I have the Ford Performance Tune. I have 23xxx miles on a 2020 built 06/20.
With that said I suggest you take it in ASAP to the dealer to have it looked at!! Why you ask? Well if the problem is the fuel injectors then you need to have it taken care of before 36,000 miles!! Why by that time? Well simply for the fact that that is when your powertrain warranty expires due to the Ford Performance Tune. "Not to be confused with voiding a warranty!!" It is stated in the paperwork from Ford Performance that the powertrain warranty goes from 5 year 60,000 down to 3 year 36,000. At least you still have a factory warranty but it is shortened.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
With that said I suggest you take it in ASAP to the dealer to have it looked at!! Why you ask? Well if the problem is the fuel injectors then you need to have it taken care of before 36,000 miles!! Why by that time? Well simply for the fact that that is when your powertrain warranty expires due to the Ford Performance Tune. "Not to be confused with voiding a warranty!!" It is stated in the paperwork from Ford Performance that the powertrain warranty goes from 5 year 60,000 down to 3 year 36,000. At least you still have a factory warranty but it is shortened.
I’m most certainly having it looked at soon. Just got waiting for my next day off.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m most certainly having it looked at soon. Just got waiting for my next day off.
Dont be hesitant to ask for a loaner!! Most dealers have them and that will allow you to make it to work with little to no issue.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Woah! I didn’t realize the tune lowers the powertrain warranty.. glad I haven’t gotten it. Thanks for the info
Sponsored