OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Mine seems to never shut off while I'm in line at the fast food drive thru! Its like it knows...........
I think I discovered my reason:blush: The seat belt. I may have failed to use it on my last couple of errand trips here in town.
I guess that serves as a seat belt reminder... Still it might have been Cabin temperature.
I'll bet you unbuckle your seatbelt at the drive-up to get at your wallet?
(Thanks WalkerAviator)

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Put in the nightlight to turn it off and never looked back.. Mileage is still great and feel more secure with engine running. :^)

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I see that one a lot. 8 mile drive to work On city streets and it rarely shuts off now. Drive a couple miles on the freeway and it’s back for awhile.

I’m wondering if it’s really low on charge. 8 miles on city streets should be enough to keep it topped off.
I am starting to think that the truck has a weak battery from the factory. I drive 100+ miles each day, and it says "Vehicle Charging" lots. many times it's when the temperature is cold.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am starting to think that the truck has a weak battery from the factory. I drive 100+ miles each day, and it says "Vehicle Charging" lots. many times it's when the temperature is cold.
Huh... I've never seen that reason. I often check what the rationale is for it not turning off (I keep my left cluster screen on instant FE, so it's just 1 button push away) and haven't seen that once. I have seen Heater/AC demand, normal operating conditions, steering wheel angle (via drive thru, and straightening it out turns it off), off until next stop (also often via drive thru, stop at the speaker, engine shuts off, creep to the window, and it stays on until next cycle), drive mode (during use of the off road cruise control), and 'normal engine operating,' typically when it's warming up. But not once have I seen it say no for charging purposes, and I almost always have my heated seat on, and have drained the battery with the radio while cleaning it.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
One of the things I like about my Ranger is that there is a place in the options menu that you can turn auto stop off. It doesn't do a darn bit of good, but it's nice they thought about it. I put an itty-bitty sticky gem on the console button so I can find it without looking. Pretty much habit now.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Today I noticed that my Start/Stop feature was not working.
It was on, in drive, no A/C, no trailer connection, engine warmed up.
Ambient temperature was 42°F.
I did not have the heat turned up.

Does the Start/Stop feature require a minimum cabin temperature to activate?
Am I missing something?
Enabling Auto-Start-Stop
The system is automatically enabled every
time you start your vehicle if the following
conditions are met:
• The Auto-Start-Stop button is not
pressed (not illuminated).
• Your vehicle exceeds an initial speed
of 3 mph (5 km/h) after you have
initially started the vehicle.
• Your vehicle is stopped.
• Your foot is on the brake pedal.
• The transmission is in drive (D).
• The driver's door is closed.
• There is adequate brake vacuum.
• The interior compartment has been
cooled or warmed to an acceptable
level.
• The front windshield defroster is off.
• The steering wheel is not turned rapidly
or is not at a sharp angle.
• The vehicle is not on a steep road
grade.
• The battery is within optimal operating
conditions (battery state of charge and
temperature in range).
• The engine coolant is at operating
temperature.
• Elevation is below approximately
12,000 ft (3,650 m).
• Ambient temperature is moderate.

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
I wish they could just have it come on if you were to push down more on the brake like my wife's benz does to hold the brake on at a drive through . how hard would that be then you could use it when you wanted to , not the sometimes on that it will do now and almost never when I am in the drive through to get a coffee . the pull to a stop it turns off and I go from d to park and it starts up to turn off ??? most of the time I just have the defroster on and it won't come on ...most times

dave

txpetroguy

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Any time I do not want the auto stop to engage, I simply move the shifter to sport mode. In my opinion it's much easier than trying to find the disengage button on the console. Once I am going again, I shift back to Drive.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Wish I could answer with certainty but I've noticed that the start stop is pretty selective when it operates for me as well. During short trips, up to a mile, it might activate on one or two of the five stops. Warm engine or not.

I think there is a time delay between the start stop function activation.
There is a time delay and also a battery charge delay or turn off if the charge is too low. I also believe there are other factors that control whether it will activate. Cabin temperature is one but I think there are more.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I see it all the time now. During the summer it never shut off but it always said ambient air temperature. But that’s cause I live in AZ.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Any time I do not want the auto stop to engage, I simply move the shifter to sport mode. In my opinion it's much easier than trying to find the disengage button on the console. Once I am going again, I shift back to Drive.
I've seen more people say this, but it never worked for me.

That said, doesn't matter anymore, I disabled it with Forscan, which worked like a charm :D

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I've seen more people say this, but it never worked for me.

That said, doesn't matter anymore, I disabled it with Forscan, which worked like a charm :D
Start/Stop is 100% disabled in sport mode, of yours wasn't then you had other problems.