SSM 49264 - Climate Control Temperature Will Not Adjust With Clicking/Snapping Noise From The Dash

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Autonation in Amherst replaced the system in my daughter's 2020 explorer after mice destroyed the wires an crapped in the vents. She didn't have any complaints other than it took 2 months to get the parts an cost her $1800 since it wasn't a warranty repair.
You would think that insurance would assist with that
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
You would think that insurance would assist with that
They did so I guess she just paid the $500 or $1K deductible. It's been a while. It happened in her garage so I don't know if it was a home owners claim or vehicle claim. She had a home owners claim for storm damage an got a new roof. She was afraid she'd get dropped from another claim but they didn't.

Ninda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco TS, 2008 Ranger XLT, 2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Traveling Tourist
I had my 2020 done in Jan 21. when winter hit. I could not get hot air to blow, took it in to dealer and they ordered new blower motor, blend door housing and what not, Had to wait a month for the parts to come in. they had the truck about a week which I told them to take as long as you need, I can't drive it, had no heat. Drove my 08 the rest of the winter.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I get it, it's a big job....the entire dash and center console has to come out and if it's under warranty the tech only gets paid 5.5 hours for the job! That's insanely unfair.....but it's also not the truck owners fault.

When they ripped my center console out they found an abandoned mouse nest! Basically right under the shifter. GROSS!!! I was driving around with mice right next to me! They chewed a couple wires but not all the way though. So I'm glad they found that before major damage was done! And my truck now has 40K on it, so it doesn't sit around much.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I get it, it's a big job....the entire dash and center console has to come out and if it's under warranty the tech only gets paid 5.5 hours for the job! That's insanely unfair.....but it's also not the truck owners fault.

When they ripped my center console out they found an abandoned mouse nest! Basically right under the shifter. GROSS!!! I was driving around with mice right next to me! They chewed a couple wires but not all the way though. So I'm glad they found that before major damage was done! And my truck now has 40K on it, so it doesn't sit around much.
This is why I always have an outside cat.

I have a couple of vehicles that sit outside and have never had an issue with mice.

Our current cat is OK but the previous cat was legend.

One year we suddenly had moles in our front yard.

Our previous cat discovered the moles and within a week there were no more moles.

Dang I miss that cat. I never cared much for cats before we had him but he was awesome.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The guy that did mine took less time then that to do it. One thing I will give Ford credit for is making the dash come out real easily. Not many manufacturers allow this.

cVelBlu91

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 STX 4x4 "Big Blue"
Occupation
Payroll
So for those of us waiting on a new Ranger with the dual-zone automatic climate control system, what is the potential rate of failure on these?

Because now I'm a little worried.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So for those of us waiting on a new Ranger with the dual-zone automatic climate control system, what is the potential rate of failure on these?

Because now I'm a little worried.
The problem has already been taken care of for new Rangers after a certain build date. 2019 and some 2020 models were affected. After that its all.set

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Mine is going in next Tuesday for this issue - for the 2nd time. Tidewaters Ford in Pawleys Island, SC did the first repair a month ago. Just changed the actuator. Now I have the same issue so I'm taking it back to the dealer where I bought the truck. SC repair was at the tail end of my warranty. 3000 kms and one month later and now out of warranty I'm hoping Ford will cover the cost.
I'll update after meeting with dealer Tuesday.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Mine is going in next Tuesday for this issue - for the 2nd time. Tidewaters Ford in Pawleys Island, SC did the first repair a month ago. Just changed the actuator. Now I have the same issue so I'm taking it back to the dealer where I bought the truck. SC repair was at the tail end of my warranty. 3000 kms and one month later and now out of warranty I'm hoping Ford will cover the cost.
I'll update after meeting with dealer Tuesday.
There's a link to the SB on here. Take that with the paperwork where they didn't do the correct repair an IMO they should honor it.

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
If anyone in Ontario has had experience with a repair done under warranty and the same issue after warranty, any advice is appreciated. So far, Ford dealer is on the fence if they will cover the cost. Needless to say I am not a happy Ford customer right now.

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have a copy of the SB in my truck now. Came across it on another post on here. Thanks for the heads up.

JayDavis

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have a copy of the SB in my truck now. Came across it on another post on here. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry if I'm entering this conversation at the wrong spot. Same problem with my 2019 Ranger Lariat. Drivers side unbearably hot (on top of central OK weather), wife's side is comfortably cool. Took it into the dealer for the blend door problem and a 4th trip for transmission programing problems. the blend door issue was going to cost $2500. They had the It written up as needing an entire AC plenum plus a new actuator. Decided to do an actuator myself per the YouTube vids. Unfortunately no has the Actuator in stock (tried the dealer, CarID and a ford house in Fla.) and some won't even guess on a delivery date. Question: can the faulty actuator be removed and the blend door be propped/jammed in the AC position just to get by until parts reappear?

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
UPDATE: Went to Ford today, had to pay $155 for a diagnostic check up and was told the right side actuator is not working (Last repair was the left one). As I am now out of warranty, the part I need (which is on back order, delivery unknown) will cost me another $160 plus installation. Will this guaranty the issue is fixed? No. Ford says if this doesn't work then the next step is the $2500 repair which will also have to be paid by me. Totally sucks when the original issue happened when I am 2000 kms from end of warranty and 2500 kms from home.
OK - Done bitchin.....

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sorry if I'm entering this conversation at the wrong spot. Same problem with my 2019 Ranger Lariat. Drivers side unbearably hot (on top of central OK weather), wife's side is comfortably cool. Took it into the dealer for the blend door problem and a 4th trip for transmission programing problems. the blend door issue was going to cost $2500. They had the It written up as needing an entire AC plenum plus a new actuator. Decided to do an actuator myself per the YouTube vids. Unfortunately no has the Actuator in stock (tried the dealer, CarID and a ford house in Fla.) and some won't even guess on a delivery date. Question: can the faulty actuator be removed and the blend door be propped/jammed in the AC position just to get by until parts reappear?
I may have to do something like this too. Truck is too hot to drive in hot weather.
I'll be watching to see if there is a work around until we can get the back ordered parts.
Sponsored