Some dyno results for the naysayers.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
I don’t have a FB account but I used to follow your Ford Ranger Performance Group page by searching it via Google, but looks like it’s locked down now to where you can’t even view it anymore without a FB account. Some good stuff on that page. 👍
I'm not on FB either, but I did get to see they are located near Baltimore which isn't good. That's only across the Mason-Dixon line and two counties south of me and I could easily see money being spent at their facility for stuff that I'm sure I need. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I don’t have a FB account but I used to follow your Ford Ranger Performance Group page by searching it via Google, but looks like it’s locked down now to where you can’t even view it anymore without a FB account. Some good stuff on that page. 👍
Yeah, I had to lock it down to help avoid another member being harassed.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
@Vitis805 - I believe what @Loweredon33s means by “naysayers” was not a reference to anyone here by default, but he mentioned that on the FB group for Ranger Performance that discussing dyno data there devolves into many naysayers chiming in. He is newer to this forum and decided to post his data here to see if it could be of benefit vs continuing a devolving discussion on the FB group. He is looking for community amongst others who want to make their Ranger’s faster. That’s a very small portion of the Ranger owner pool so he was hoping to see who from this forum feels the way he does and engage accordingly.
Pretty much, I’m looking for a small percentage of like minded people. I’m not upset with anyone who wants to be different but somehow this is a hot topic.

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I'm not on FB either, but I did get to see they are located near Baltimore which isn't good. That's only across the Mason-Dixon line and two counties south of me and I could easily see money being spent at their facility for stuff that I'm sure I need. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I’m from Bel Air…. That’s one less county if you needed to meet for parts etc. 😆

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
I’m from Bel Air…. That’s one less county if you needed to meet for parts etc. 😆

You know I really didn't need to hear that. That doesn't help me stay away from stuff I'm SURE I need. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Being located in Baltimore isn’t good for a lot of reasons 😳
Oh I know. I was on a couple of piping projects in Aberdeen and heard some horror stories.

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
I’m not upset with anyone
This whole thing feels like how the folks at Junk2 over on Honda-tech started back in the day. Seemingly innocent dyno threads designed to make people buy shit they don't need. Nobody was allowed to have a negative opinion on their parts or dynos for the longest time either...

I wasn't trying to upset you, but if you are going to eventually try and sell us something, Mike, then we have the right to our due diligence and opinions about whatever you are selling without being called "hijackers". I am glad you aren't upset, and I do hope something in this thread does impress me enough that I consider it.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
So the turbo inlet pipe is adding 15-18whp
Interesting. I have one on my stock airbox with an aftermarket dry filter. I have a Livernois tuner an used to run the 91-93 tune but I got so much wheel spin I think I'm just as quick with the lower octane tune running 89 octane fuel. I replaced the stock muffler but kept the factory pipes too.

I will be selling that inlet pipe if I trade the ranger for a bronco. From what I'm finding the Bronco is half a second slower to 60 an in the qtr as the ranger with the same powertrain. From what I'm seeing the Ford performance tune is the only one or main one available.

I know there's major variations but dyno data is always fun.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Yeah, I had to lock it down to help avoid another member being harassed.
Stupid crap is why I deleted my FB.

Let us know when your shop gets a 'real' web page 😉

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Not sure where you got charge pipes especially when he said Inlet Pipe meaning before the Turbocharger.

As for charge pipes by themselves obviously won't do anything significant. With an intercooler is different and it's really the intercooler doing the work.
I was pointing out the lack of IC charge pipes.

Performance gains are cumulative with equipment changes (and tuning). We can argue that performance gains - when small - could be nothing more than some environmental differences but a holistic design end to end would make the kind of power the Mustang crowd is through modding.
Screenshot_20230708-013114~2.png

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient