Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
Yup! It's fun watching them as well.

Go to the 2:50 mark

You do realize that truck made thousands of hp and was using a ridiculous amount of nitrous, right? Comparing that to the few of us running e85 is stupid ✌?
Sponsored

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
I know e85 has its pros and cons. But why risk damage to your vehicle? That's my whole point.

I know it's your vehicle, and I should not be involved. I just hope nothing bad happens to you or your vehicle. Just saying.

I happen to be a gas hauler. I've delivered 100% pure ethanol to the refineries. That stuff is lethal. It gets blended with the gas as the tankers load up. It's stored in a separate tank. There's a lot of safety measures when dealing with that stuff.
Why risk damage to your vehicle with a tune? Why risk damage to your truck taking it off roading? Why risk damage to you truck taking it the track?

you know what else is lethal? Regular pump gas....

There is nothing wrong with running e85 in a vehicle that has the right fuel system and the right tuning. And you’re 100% correct... it’s not your truck. Why cry about what other people do to their vehicle? Keep your truck stock, don’t push it and sit there and let the big boys do their thing while you make lame damper jokes. You are not convincing anyone ✌?

Bluebeastsrt

First Name
Big D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger 4X4
Great numbers! Looks like you picked up close to 100whp. That's super impressive considering I picked up about 100. When I went to E85 on my boosted 15GT. Don't let these ding dongs get under your skin. I can tell you from previous discussions I've had about E85. That the majority on here don't have a clue how it works or how much the stock fuel system can handle. It's the owners manual or bust over here. I was told my engine would blow from adding 2 gallons of E85 to regular gas.(I did this to up the octane and save money by not having to buy 93). About 3/4s of everyone laughed and called me an idiot. 16 thousands miles later the truck is still running strong. But I'm patiently waiting for that engine failure. Or at the very least a fuel line to start leaking from the ultra corrosive fuel.:giggle:When you have some free time look up a guy on the mustang forum named perfweld who ran 9s with a big turbo e85 set up on his ecoboost. That should provide you even more motivation.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Great numbers! Looks like you picked up close to 100whp. That's super impressive considering I picked up about 100. When I went to E85 on my boosted 15GT. Don't let these ding dongs get under your skin. I can tell you from previous discussions I've had about E85. That the majority on here don't have a clue how it works or how much the stock fuel system can handle. It's the owners manual or bust over here. I was told my engine would blow from adding 2 gallons of E85 to regular gas.(I did this to up the octane and save money by not having to buy 93). About 3/4s of everyone laughed and called me an idiot. 16 thousands miles later the truck is still running strong. But I'm patiently waiting for that engine failure. Or at the very least a fuel line to start leaking from the ultra corrosive fuel.:giggle:When you have some free time look up a guy on the mustang forum named perfweld who ran 9s with a big turbo e85 set up on his ecoboost. That should provide you even more motivation.
You hit the nail on the head. Vast majority of people on this forum have no clue what they’re talking about. But then come over to the performance section of the forum to cry about what other people are doing to their vehicle.

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’ve had the stock tune with 87 octane in the truck for about 4 days and 200 miles, here is the comparison. I did 2 pulls back to back.
38671FEA-7816-4C03-BBB1-72318BFC1554.jpeg
D2DFDDE5-5ADC-4985-8899-533AF89E2319.jpeg

TOPFD259

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Engineer
The factory pump will work with E85, however using an XDI pump made a huge difference and a safety net for us while tuning. My tuner was not happy with what he was seeing with the factory pump and E85. I was going to go E50 but who wants to deal with mixing at every stop....not me...

The XDI upgraded HPFP is not needed, you will actually run out of injector before HPFP on ranger. Although the xdi pump is larger, the operating pressure of the the 2 smaller pumps (HPFP 35 and 35evo) is 2800 and 3200 psi. the factor bosch pump is running at 3600 psi. Going bigger but lower pressure is actually going to cause you run out of injector sooner. So the really you need to do the HPFP 60 or do the smaller pump and injectors.

You would be surprised at the the factory fuel system on these. If you look around there is a tune only ranger with 12.9x draggy times. Tune only on e85.

TOPFD259

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I believe the Owners Manual specifically says not to run E85. Just answering the question, not passing judgement.
that is a function of the tune not of the fuel system. If you do some research on BOSCH hpfp you can see that they a compatible with all known fuels. In fact the pump is the same as the pump used on the 5.0l gen 3 f150 which is flex fuel stock.

TOPFD259

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Another zfg racing e85 tune only dyno result!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The XDI upgraded HPFP is not needed, you will actually run out of injector before HPFP on ranger. Although the xdi pump is larger, the operating pressure of the the 2 smaller pumps (HPFP 35 and 35evo) is 2800 and 3200 psi. the factor bosch pump is running at 3600 psi. Going bigger but lower pressure is actually going to cause you run out of injector sooner. So the really you need to do the HPFP 60 or do the smaller pump and injectors.

You would be surprised at the the factory fuel system on these. If you look around there is a tune only ranger with 12.9x draggy times. Tune only on e85.
Full e85 tune only? That peaks my interest. I assumed it wasn't capable. I went through this with my 2010 taurus sho, it could only handle e30 about or the rail pressure would drop too low because the hpfp couldnt keep up. Different/older vehicle though, I kno.

Reactions: Doc

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado

This one ?

Screenshot_20201118-184217.png

Screenshot_20201118-184247.png

Shaun Harlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zr2 Colorado
Full e85 tune only? That peaks my interest. I assumed it wasn't capable. I went through this with my 2010 taurus sho, it could only handle e30 about or the rail pressure would drop too low because the hpfp couldnt keep up. Different/older vehicle though, I kno.
Tune only, someone ( can't name names?) is pushing me to go full exhaust but I'm hesitant. I know the stock exhaust is choking my power

SHAUN.PNG

TOPFD259

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Yes the stock fuel system does great on full e85!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the stock tune with 87 octane in the truck for about 4 days and 200 miles, here is the comparison. I did 2 pulls back to back.
38671FEA-7816-4C03-BBB1-72318BFC1554.jpeg
D2DFDDE5-5ADC-4985-8899-533AF89E2319.jpeg
Hey brother, I see you are in Colorado. Where can I go get on the Dyno in the Denver Metro? How much does it cost to jump on?

OP
OP

ZincGT

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hey brother, I see you are in Colorado. Where can I go get on the Dyno in the Denver Metro? How much does it cost to jump on?
NoCO dyno 11450 Huron st
base line dyno is $60
Sponsored