First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I was digging through some dyno pictures yesterday and had decent comparison of my truck while we were developing the tune. This is my personal truck that we use for product R&D. In this particular case it is equipped as follows; 2021 FX4 Lariat Black pack on 285/65/18 Ridge Grapplers, 93 octane fuel, Mishimoto intake, intercooler and pipes and custom downpipe with MBRP catback. The tires are important to note because their weight will affect overall power transferred to the ground making the numbers lower than expected when compared to stock tires (roughly 40 pounds per tire weight difference)
In this graph we pulled an already street tuned truck in, made pulls, returned the ecu to stock and made more pulls. This is strictly a comparison of a few boltons and how they work with and without tuning. Unfortunately I don’t have an actual stock baseline for this truck because I’m impatient and already installed stuff before getting it on the dyno first.
No, that is not the final power from the tuning session. The truck later made 298hp after being dyno tuned but that is another graph for another time.
This is not the current configuration of the truck nor is it on anything more than a quick base file for some street driving data.
I plotted a couple under curve points to show how much more important it is to look at the gaps between lines rather than the peak numbers written on the sheet.
God I hope everything was explained transparently enough to not create what happened yesterday but we’ll see😬

E22F2142-91FD-4D20-801E-E359D1FD5BE8.jpeg

6A0742E0-500B-4693-9472-BC5744416465.jpeg

4AC4477F-F664-4DC8-9F4B-6D839DBE715F.jpeg
Sponsored

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
I was digging through some dyno pictures yesterday and had decent comparison of my truck while we were developing the tune. This is my personal truck that we use for product R&D. In this particular case it is equipped as follows; 2021 FX4 Lariat Black pack on 285/65/18 Ridge Grapplers, 93 octane fuel, Mishimoto intake, intercooler and pipes and custom downpipe with MBRP catback. The tires are important to note because their weight will affect overall power transferred to the ground making the numbers lower than expected when compared to stock tires (roughly 40 pounds per tire weight difference)
In this graph we pulled an already street tuned truck in, made pulls, returned the ecu to stock and made more pulls. This is strictly a comparison of a few boltons and how they work with and without tuning. Unfortunately I don’t have an actual stock baseline for this truck because I’m impatient and already installed stuff before getting it on the dyno first.
No, that is not the final power from the tuning session. The truck later made 298hp after being dyno tuned but that is another graph for another time.
This is not the current configuration of the truck nor is it on anything more than a quick base file for some street driving data.
I plotted a couple under curve points to show how much more important it is to look at the gaps between lines rather than the peak numbers written on the sheet.
God I hope everything was explained transparently enough to not create what happened yesterday but we’ll see😬

E22F2142-91FD-4D20-801E-E359D1FD5BE8.jpeg

6A0742E0-500B-4693-9472-BC5744416465.jpeg

4AC4477F-F664-4DC8-9F4B-6D839DBE715F.jpeg
Millhouse.jpeg

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Dang you gain a lot of torque from the tuned truck vs no tune. I wonder how many people by parts, through them on and don’t do a tune (that was me when I was younger, haha) They are surely missing out on hp and tq.
I was impressed with the gains from just the parts and no tuning! The torque is where it picks up big with tuning. The truck ended up at 298hp with torque around 365 after dyno tuning.

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Yeah that’s a lot for both. I remember my 89 Mazda Mx6 Turbo ran 7 pounds of boost stock, i went and put a 3” exhaust with deleted cat and the boost went up to 11 lbs. I was like damn, just from exhaust. I never dyno’d or tuned the car but it was really fun to drive. I miss 80’s and 90’s cars 😂

OP
OP
Loweredon33s

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Yeah that’s a lot for both. I remember my 89 Mazda Mx6 Turbo ran 7 pounds of boost stock, i went and put a 3” exhaust with deleted cat and the boost went up to 11 lbs. I was like damn, just from exhaust. I never dyno’d or tuned the car but it was really fun to drive. I miss 80’s and 90’s cars 😂
I understand that! I have an 86 Mustang

349BE398-2B2B-48A2-B19F-6ECBB59C5766.jpeg
Sponsored