JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I must say, with the issues I have reading about, the thought of canceling my order has crept into my mind.
I'm not too worried, everything should be under warranty that's for sure.
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
We are in the early adopter phase. Yes, there will be issues.

The Transmission leak is really unfortunate but it's a "one of" issue.
The AA problem was with the Android cable, not the truck.
Overinflated tires have an easy solution.
Rear seat not latching is a curious issue. Slamming it doesn't work (not surprising) but has anyone really pushed hard on the seat in the area of the rear latch is to see if it could work? (I doubt Ford has a muscle bound seat slammer to latch the seat lol but clearly this needs addressing). Not a deal breaker for me.
The mirror issue is the most disturbing problem in my mind but it has yet to be verified by others. If my mirrors deflect at 70mph this will be an issue for me.
Body panel and bed alignment issues will have me looking closely at my vehicle and if I see something I don't like they will have to address it or order me another truck if it's unacceptable.
But I'm not cancelling my order.....:)

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
3383-5108e2f74062e559a5513b513c2cc36a.png

I'm with you, but here is the part for reference.
Cool! :cool:(if you'll pardon the expression)
Thanks,:like: really an interesting approach, same results.
I've been retired for a little while now, but time and tech marches on!;)

The way it is labeled it seems to imply that it uses a coolant source separate from the engine.
I would think that it is just sourcing coolant from the engine through tube #2, and returning it to the engine through tube #1, right?

Last edited:

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest I'm not sure if it's a closed system or if it's plumbed to the engine. My guess would be the latter. The fluid cooler appears to be plumbed to the transmission body via two double o-ring seals.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I must say, with the issues I have reading about, the thought of canceling my order has crept into my mind.
If you check the forums for any vehicle, you'll find the same type issues with some folks saying they'd never buy one again, and others loving them. All brands/vehicles have issues at times, no matter how long they've been in production, but those in the early phases may have issues that haven't been caught yet. That's the risk we take in early ordering. I have one of the first 2015 Colorados and it had some of the same early production issues, but once corrected, it has run great and I really like it.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it says little about 2019, but I have bought 14 new Fords for personal use and have spent a total of $11 in unscheduled maintenance in the first 100,000 miles. ( An electric choke mechanism in 1977)
I'm not about to cancel my order, I'm just worried that they may never get around to giving me a build date, let alone a truck.

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
The dealer worked hard with Ford engineers to find the problem. There wasn't a tech plan for this problem so that is apparently what the service manager wanted guidance about. They sent pictures to Ford showing them the problem and where the leak was coming from, but it wasn't until Ford gave them permission to start working on the truck that they found the real issue.

After running the truck on the lift for a long time, it wouldn't leak (which always happens, it seems like). They finally shut the truck off and it started pouring coolant so they were able to trace it to the heater core. It was taking the weirdest route that everybody had missed it until they got Ford approval to really heat the truck up. It wasn't coming out of that hole at all, but it was a Houdini leak that nobody had seen yet. FMC is FedEx'ing a new heater core from Detroit and we hope to have it by the end of the week.

Great outcome to a potentially big problem. I really have to give it to Ford and the dealer for working through this.

Crismac

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT, 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Railroad Conductor
Fantastic Uthunter, very happy for you. So glad it wasn't a major fix. Hope you get your truck back soon.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
@uthunter I'd rather have a new heater core than a new transmission. Great news, simple problem. :whew:

jjmanzano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I’m glad you this issue was brought to the attention of Ford engineers. Hopefully this is an anomaly and not a widespread problem. But at least corporate is aware how to fix it.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer worked hard with Ford engineers to find the problem. There wasn't a tech plan for this problem so that is apparently what the service manager wanted guidance about. They sent pictures to Ford showing them the problem and where the leak was coming from, but it wasn't until Ford gave them permission to start working on the truck that they found the real issue.

After running the truck on the lift for a long time, it wouldn't leak (which always happens, it seems like). They finally shut the truck off and it started pouring coolant so they were able to trace it to the heater core. It was taking the weirdest route that everybody had missed it until they got Ford approval to really heat the truck up. It wasn't coming out of that hole at all, but it was a Houdini leak that nobody had seen yet. FMC is FedEx'ing a new heater core from Detroit and we hope to have it by the end of the week.

Great outcome to a potentially big problem. I really have to give it to Ford and the dealer for working through this.
:clap:Make'em clean the carpet!:whew:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a fluke thing.

Do they have to remove the entire dash to replace the heater core? That's kinda par for the coarse now a days:frown:

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Sounds like a fluke thing.

Do they have to remove the entire dash to replace the heater core? That's kinda par for the coarse now a days:frown:
I believe so. I spoke to the mechanic today and he swears it's not too bad and easier than on some of the older models.

He was so nonchalant about it, it really made me feel better that I'm not going to end up with dinged panels and rattles in the truck. I'm cautiously optimistic.