First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

the discoloration could be the result of some kind of impurity in the plastic, maybe a few bad pieces in a batch

This white discoloration on the latch cover and the adjacent trim is consistent with exposure to cyanoacrylate, the active compound in Super Glue. You will see this happen when attempting to glue ABS plastics. You need a special glue to bond ABS and Superglue isn't one of them.

Wouldn't surprise me that someone in Make Ready screwed up and tried to glue it instead of reporting the issue so it could be replaced.
Sponsored

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Those clips are pretty thin. We haven't liked the design when we were doing interior detailing of the SCAB.

Will try to take some close-up pics tonight to see if there is much difference between them or signs of fatigue or schmoo as yours had.

PineyKingsnake

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Military
Sort of related. Within a week of having my truck home had to take it into the dealer to fix the rear seat "uplatch." It stuck in the open position. I tried a small dab of white grease but I wasn't going to mess around too much trying to get it working again while its under warranty. Latch issues may be a trend with this truck.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Not a major issues by no means.

Brought my new truck home yesterday and was just checking out the rear jack storage location which required the removal of the rear jump seat base.

When I went to pull the tether to release seat base the plastic housing literally grenaded into two pieces. Upon inspection it looked like the plastic was corroded ??

Took some photos of the issue and shot it to dealer who had no problem ordering replacement part.

I feel like these latches maybe prone to breaking a few more times though...don't seem very robust.

On a side note when the new part comes I'm wondering exactly how I get that latch assembly out of the floor!

IMG_20190615_141933.jpg

IMG_20190615_141814.jpg

IMG_20190615_141828.jpg
Mine did the same thing..
regards