Slowdown in Sales for Rangers?

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
wait until you here about evictions and forclosures. both up some 200% this year.

a lot of people let themselves get behind and then not catch up when they had the chance.

personally I am waiting for the RV market to crash. maybe get a newer 2019, or 2020 trailer cheap. going to avoid the 2021 and 2022 models like the corna
Waiting on the RV market as well :thumbsup:

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy has a older GMC truck with the diesel. It currently has a pretty high value as a used vehicle. So he is selling and waiting for the car bubble to burst and buy him a new one. Personally I believe this winter season will see a big slowdown and car prices to lower, maybe even significantly. Just my $.02.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I know but their “offer giver” is still up.
I sold them TWO vehicles during the Used Car Pricing Extravaganza days. The issue with them was the paperwork got bogged down navigating all the various registration and title morasses. Every state is different, and I think they did NOT expect how difficult it would be getting all that stuff done in a timely way. There are horror stories out there of buyers having to wait MONTHS before they could legally drive cars they purchased from Carvana. I was strictly a seller, though. My experience was great.

Hope they get it worked out, but they scared off a lot of their prospective customers, as their main competitive advantage is Concierge-Level Convenience. Hassles are DEFINITELY poison to their business model.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I sold them TWO vehicles during the Used Car Pricing Extravaganza days. The issue with them was the paperwork got bogged down navigating all the various registration and title morasses. Every state is different, and I think they did NOT expect how difficult it would be getting all that stuff done in a timely way. There are horror stories out there of buyers having to wait MONTHS before they could legally drive cars they purchased from Carvana. I was strictly a seller, though. My experience was great.

Hope they get it worked out, but they scared off a lot of their prospective customers, as their main competitive advantage is Concierge-Level Convenience. Hassles are DEFINITELY poison to their business model.
We did a deal with them as well. Traded one car and bought another all in the same deal. Yes it took a few months to get our regular metal tags from them. They had to send out new temporary tags 2 different times but we were able to keep driving during this 3 month long span.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
New inventory is starting to build up too. There's many more new cars on the lot where I work than there was 2 months ago.

2022 production of Rangers Jan 1 through end of July is about half of 2021 production for the same period.
I haven't seen increased numbers on the lots here or in Las Vegas. Just the opposite in fact.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
2022 production of Rangers Jan 1 through end of July is about half of 2021 production for the same period.
I haven't seen increased numbers on the lots here or in Las Vegas. Just the opposite in fact.
I wasn't talking about rangers...I was talking about general inventory. Not one new ranger on the lot where I work. I went to pick up a part from another ford dealer 15 miles away today an they had a handful, 4 or 5. Our dealership has about 40 F150's. That's up from 10 or 15 six months ago. They have a ton of escapes and eco sports vs single digits months ago. A handful of explorers and mustangs. There's so many F150's there's signs in the windshield advertising 3.9% financing. I'm wondering if they shifted resources (chips) from the ranger to the F150 since the volume available has shot up. Gotta make the bread and butter product.

Maybe all production is down an the dealer I'm at is getting more vehicles because they aren't jacking anyone around. I don't see any extra stickers on the windows next to the vin for aftermarket crap added on an additional mark up.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I wasn't talking about rangers...I was talking about general inventory. Not one new ranger on the lot where I work. I went to pick up a part from another ford dealer 15 miles away today an they had a handful, 4 or 5. Our dealership has about 40 F150's. That's up from 10 or 15 six months ago. They have a ton of escapes and eco sports vs single digits months ago. A handful of explorers and mustangs. There's so many F150's there's signs in the windshield advertising 3.9% financing. I'm wondering if they shifted resources (chips) from the ranger to the F150 since the volume available has shot up. Gotta make the bread and butter product.

Maybe all production is down an the dealer I'm at is getting more vehicles because they aren't jacking anyone around. I don't see any extra stickers on the windows next to the vin for aftermarket crap added on an additional mark up.
The F series trucks are only down a few hundred through the end of July. So almost as good as a very poor 2021 production run.
Personally I think expecting much improvement in the next couple of years is overly optimistic.
But I've got my Ranger and my VERY hard to get Transit van and it's nice having vehicles worth more than I paid for them.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
It's like Ford doesn't acknowledge the Ranger exists at all. At least not at the Ford dealer here in NC. While waiting for scheduled oil change I was thumbing through all the brochures of cars, trucks, SUV's for sale. There was a stack of booklets for each and every new Ford model sold today except for the Ranger. No info and never any Rangers on the lot. I believe my Ranger is the only one the service techs have ever worked on. Most people get info online nowadays but gees they could at least print a brochure like all the others. Their advertising campaign on the Ranger is def lacking. Maybe they will kick start back for the 6G

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I read somewhere that they don't want the US ranger to cut into the f150 sales. They want to maintain the best selling full size truck status. If less buy f150 to get the ranger, their f150 numbers go down.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The F series trucks are only down a few hundred through the end of July. So almost as good as a very poor 2021 production run.
Personally I think expecting much improvement in the next couple of years is overly optimistic.
But I've got my Ranger and my VERY hard to get Transit van and it's nice having vehicles worth more than I paid for them.
I heard a news report on the radio that new car inventory was up slightly. For a long time on hand inventory was 25 days supply or so. Now it's 39 days supply. They said don't expect major improvements until fall 2023.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy has a older GMC truck with the diesel. It currently has a pretty high value as a used vehicle. So he is selling and waiting for the car bubble to burst and buy him a new one. Personally I believe this winter season will see a big slowdown and car prices to lower, maybe even significantly. Just my $.02.
So my buddy who is a life long Chevy/GMC guy just test drove a 2017 F350 SD. I asked what he thought. He said he was very impressed. So maybe a new Ford family member?

N559br

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Retired
Over on ththulltruth boat forum everyone is waiting for the boat bubble to burst. There's been some shifting and lowering prices on used boats but new top end boats still have people on 3 year build slots.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Dealer by me has plenty of F150's but Rangers are rare. I think the model they're using because of part shortages is build to order and when you can keep up with that build over for dealer inventory requests.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
It took two months but finally my Ranger was sold for $800 less than I was given in trade in.. New "improved" Ranger is on the horizon soon.
Sponsored