Slowdown in Sales for Rangers?

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Ranger traded in for my 22 F150 Lariat is still for sale on the lot where I traded it in for LESS money then they gave me. It is a high end XLT with tech, towing and NAV packages in 4x4 Crew cab sport package. The buying slowdown has arrived for vehicles for whatever reason. Now is a good time to buy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Ranger traded in for my 22 F150 Lariat is still for sale on the lot where I traded it in for LESS money then they gave me. It is a high end XLT Luxary package with tech, towing and NAV packages in 4x4 Crew cab sport package. The buying slowdown has arrived for vehicles for whatever reason. Now is a good time to buy.
I have noticed the Toyota place here still has very few vehicles on their lot but a Cyber Orange Ranger with a Leer top has been sitting out front for 2 months now . It's a good looking truck from the road but I haven't pulled in to be nosey .

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Vehicle sales have definitely slowed up. The higher interest rates have people thinking twice before paying MSRP, or over for new, and the crazy high prices of used along with an even higher rate for used vehicles. There can't be the best of both worlds, high vehicle prices and high interest rates, it's usually one or the other.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
My 2019 Ranger traded in for my 22 F150 Lariat is still for sale on the lot where I traded it in for LESS money then they gave me. It is a high end XLT with tech, towing and NAV packages in 4x4 Crew cab sport package. The buying slowdown has arrived for vehicles for whatever reason. Now is a good time to buy.
If they charged you mrsp for the f150 in the trade, they got some wiggle room before they run out of profit on your trade.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
It is not just Rangers... used cars prices of all types are dropping. And repos are rising like crazy.

1661279489504.png
wait until you here about evictions and forclosures. both up some 200% this year.

a lot of people let themselves get behind and then not catch up when they had the chance.

personally I am waiting for the RV market to crash. maybe get a newer 2019, or 2020 trailer cheap. going to avoid the 2021 and 2022 models like the corna

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yep, looks like prices are trying to stabilize a bit. Looks like there are going to be some dealers that will lose money on some of their pre-owned stock.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If they charged you mrsp for the f150 in the trade, they got some wiggle room before they run out of profit on your trade.
I made out, got it on XPlan, significantly under MSRP, and in this state no taxes on trade in received. NEVER will get a deal that great again. I rec'd $39K trade in and with tax saving + $3744 = $42,744 for 51K F150 4x4 Lariat V8 with 12 inch screen and leather with all the options I ordered from the factory. MY last truck at my age. I loved my Ranger but it was a no brainer for me to upgrade to a new truck with new 36 month warranty as it had cost me nothing to drive the Ranger for 3 years. It was a write a check cash trade difference for me. I really love the elegance of this new F150. If the trade in money was not so good I would not have gone forward but it made financial sense to me to upgrade.

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I am glad to hear some people and companies are being more careful with regard to expensive investments.

I have a few relatives that have acted like the good times were never going to end. In both cases, they are already in financial jams and the recession (and resultant asset price declines) are just getting started.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicles are not investments, unless you are talking fast and Italian or Classic.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone that’s been around for a while has seen this picture before. Not that long ago ether! Once you realize what’s really going to happen you reduce spending, batten down the hatches and get ready to weather the incoming storm. As long as you’re up to date and not is serious debt you can ride it out. If not hope you can correct your pending doom quickly

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase