dnymud

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Supercrew 2wd
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the stubby antenna from Cravenspeed as well. I have used them on many vehicles and have always had great luck them. I highly recommend their antenna if you want one a shorter one.

ADFA85C4-2633-4CA6-B8DF-A7EAC3E62BA7.jpeg

Robert Elmore

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2019 Lincoln MKZ
Vehicle Showcase
I mostly stream music from my phone through Apple Carplay or through Satellite radio and rarely listen to terrestrial radio. I'm concerned that after a 3.5" lift that the stock antenna won't fit through my garage door, so I ordered the 2" stubby antenna @rangerdanger posted earlier.

Most FM and HD stations are still coming in clearly, but a few stations aren't coming in as clearly as before.

49EAE6D6-A20A-4EF3-999C-F0EEDB0E2F4E.jpeg
B37B122C-2B09-4B5D-83F5-0BCEDD184DF0.jpeg
I agree...I went with a small stubby...it works well enough on local channels but don't list to AM/FM that much anyway....

Stubby.jpg

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Eleven for me, ordered it and waited, just like the Ranger... Am going to miss this car, so much fun in the canyons on Mulholland
IMG_1415.JPG
Same. I definitely miss cranking the Mustang through the Malibu canyons and Mulholland. I've only taken one small trip through there in the Ranger, and it was fun, but still not quite the same.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
I bought and installed one the label on box it came in reads: CRMC-0705: Stubby jr antenna 2" (M5 thread)
it fits fine and has good reception.
Steve W
Sorry, I realize my post wasn't very clear. The 2" Stubby Jr. is actually what I bought.

I was trying to ask if anyone has tried the antenna delete (looks like a nut that screws into the base of the antenna) from the link. It says it's for the F150, but not sure if it's the same thread pattern.

Thanks!

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
Sorry, I realize my post wasn't very clear. The 2" Stubby Jr. is actually what I bought.

I was trying to ask if anyone has tried the antenna delete (looks like a nut that screws into the base of the antenna) from the link. It says it's for the F150, but not sure if it's the same thread pattern.

Thanks!
While I was installing the 2"snubby I tested the reception with no antenna at all, the reception was quite good. The 2"snubby part description reads M5 thread
That is a 5 millimeter bolt, fine thread or coarse I don't know off hand but you could bring the antenna to a hardware store, Lowes or Home depot they have thread gauges or samples, you could buy a short 5MM bolt for about a buck and screw it into the mount for no antenna at all, if reception is OK great! I'd buy Stainless bolt for no rust problems.
Good Luck
Steve W

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Unfortunately, even without a radio antenna, I still can't fit in my garage. The fin itself is too high. :frown:

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Unfortunately, even without a radio antenna, I still can't fit in my garage. The fin itself is too high. :frown:
I’m sorry you are having this problem. My doors are the standard height and I’m able to slip right in without issue.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
While I was installing the 2"snubby I tested the reception with no antenna at all, the reception was quite good. The 2"snubby part description reads M5 thread
That is a 5 millimeter bolt, fine thread or coarse I don't know off hand but you could bring the antenna to a hardware store, Lowes or Home depot they have thread gauges or samples, you could buy a short 5MM bolt for about a buck and screw it into the mount for no antenna at all, if reception is OK great! I'd buy Stainless bolt for no rust problems.
Good Luck
Steve W
That's actually a pretty good idea and I might just try it. A little Plastidip on the head and it'll blend right in. Thanks! I'll post a pic if it works.

Retamaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Magnetic Sport, 2020 Genesis G80 3.8L
Apparently size doesn't matter. Replaced the stock 8" antenna with a 2" stubby, works just fine.
20200306_122838.jpg
20200306_122814.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently size doesn't matter. Replaced the stock 8" antenna with a 2" stubby, works just fine.
20200306_122838.jpg
20200306_122814.jpg
Same! I just put a 2" stubby on mine as well. The only thing I've noticed and it might not even be related, is the remote *lock* feature (it doesn't seem that unlock was affected but maybe it is) has a slightly reduced distance, which is really a non issue for me.

Retamaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Magnetic Sport, 2020 Genesis G80 3.8L
Same! I just put a 2" stubby on mine as well. The only thing I've noticed and it might not even be related, is the remote *lock* feature (it doesn't seem that unlock was affected but maybe it is) has a slightly reduced distance, which is really a non issue for me.
Had not thought about that. If it is an issue can always use Ford Pass app to start. Thanks for the heads up, will watch to see if affected.
Sponsored