Tony Giordano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I just took mine off completely, never listen to the radio anyway... now it doesn’t look like a R/C truck!
this is what I did as well. Hate the RC look. Wish they would make an all in one shark fin replacement
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
HI Folks,

Another back story....Marketing came to Ranger as their analysis showed Ranger buyers would buy Sirius Satellite radio. I sat in this meeting and questioned the results...I thought I knew the Ranger buyers... But ready for the good game I agreed to see what it would take to bring home Sirius Radio to Ranger. (XM was in the General Motors arena at the time). The proposed antenna was GD awful and styling got involved...Oh Sh*t! Styling came back with a non producible design. Sirius told them so...and then the firefight between Styling and Sirius...I held a meeting to break the log jamb and I found out that the Sirius coverage of the USA was dependent on two more successful launches of the French Arian Rockets. We would have invested millions on the hope these French rockets made it and launched these satellites... Way too much risk and if successful at that time all Rangers would have had a whip antenna... Arrrrrrrg! Turns out Marketing, once again, misread their own collected data.

Years later, Ford and Sirius/Xm did a deal, but this was way before the satellite system was in place. Now, Styling accepts the OEM antenna, which before they poopooed and dug in their heels...

BTW...I did not renew my expired Sirius radio subscription but Sirius still works...maybe because I have an account with my motorhome, my home receiver and my Lincoln MKX as part of my account????

i have been told that I got into some weird shit when at Ford and I have to agree...Sheesh!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Wish I could find a cap I do not use am/fm/xm at all.

Anyone have an idea for capping it off?

I would just take it off completely but do not want it to rust.

Tony Giordano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I put some black silicone in it. Never plan to use it.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Marketing came to Ranger as their analysis showed Ranger buyers would buy Sirius Satellite radio. I sat in this meeting and questioned the results...I thought I knew the Ranger buyers.
Satellite radio is a great concept that I would pay for if it sounded good. Right now it's too many channels with not enough bitrate dedicated to each channel and the resulting quality is horrible. Somewhere satellite radio executives thought more channels with less quality was a great idea.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Satellite radio is a great concept that I would pay for if it sounded good. Right now it's too many channels with not enough bitrate dedicated to each channel and the resulting quality is horrible. Somewhere satellite radio executives thought more channels with less quality was a great idea.
My biggest issue with it is reception. It cuts out on me even when it appears I have a clear view of the sky. We had a similar issue on our C-Max but not as bad. Seems like ANYTHING that obstructs its view of the sky (trees included) can make it cut out.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Never had a reception problem with satellite. Just that low bit rate high frequency "wah-wah" washed out tinny am radio sound that low bit rate offers. On the other hand, it sounds so bad, it never stays on that long.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
I just took mine off and cut it down, put some shrink tube to cover the exposed wire. Done. Free and still works great. Of course it really looks like a penis now. It’s ok. I’ve been called worse....

B824A028-3D58-40FB-BAEA-B955EB853023.jpeg

6FCA808D-D776-4600-A127-3200BE8F4580.jpeg

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
I just took mine off and cut it down, put some shrink tube to cover the exposed wire. Done. Free and still works great. Of course it really looks like a penis now. It’s ok. I’ve been called worse....

B824A028-3D58-40FB-BAEA-B955EB853023.jpeg

6FCA808D-D776-4600-A127-3200BE8F4580.jpeg
I suggest you paint it fleshtone and hang a pair of those things we sometimes see dangling from trailer hitches from it.
Steve W

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
I ordered a 2" Stubby from Cravenspeed.com on Friday, it arrived in the mali today Monday, Amazing!

I installed it and didn't notice any difference in reception from the OEM antenna. Now, the strange thing is I decided just for kicks to try removing the new Stubby and see what the reception would be like with no antenna at all, in my driveway I didn't take it out on the road yet. Well, no difference with no antenna at all. I got very good reception of New Orleans (50 miles away) and local AM and FM stations. Sirius came in fine as well. So I guess I could have tried that earlier maybe saved $25.00. Anyway, I don't want to use the OEM long antenna and there is a hole to fill so in goes the Stubby!
If any thing new or different arises I'll keep you informed.
Steve W

Last edited:

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
FYI - I had to return this because the threaded post was 10/24 coarse and the Ranger antenna is a 5mm 0.8 pitch.
The supplied threaded post was also too long and would need to be cut, and lastly the end of the was flat, not rounded, so interface would have been irregular.

upload_2020-1-7_9-15-48.png

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I ordered a 2" Stubby from Cravenspeed.com on Friday, it arrived in the mali today Monday, Amazing!

I installed it and didn't notice any difference in reception from the OEM antenna. Now, the strange thing is I decided just for kicks to try removing the new Stubby and see what the reception would be like with no antenna at all, in my driveway I didn't take it out on the road yet. Well, no difference with no antenna at all. I got very good reception of New Orleans (50 miles away) and local AM and FM stations. Sirius came in fine as well. So I guess I could have tried that earlier maybe saved $25.00. Anyway, I don't want to use the OEM long antenna and there is a hole to fill so in goes the Stubby!
If any thing new or different arises I'll keep you informed.
Steve W

Which one? When looking on their site they have the bullet and stubby JR listed for 2019 Ranger. They do not have the regular stubby list for 2019 Ranger.

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Which one? When looking on their site they have the bullet and stubby JR listed for 2019 Ranger. They do not have the regular stubby list for 2019 Ranger.
the box it came in reads: CRMC-0705: Stubby jr antenna 2" (M5 thread)
Steve W