Antenna stanchion/base alternatives to shark fin

Alistair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL SuperCab STX
Hi guys-

I have a camper shell that overhangs the cab a bit and was scraping the shark fin. In order to lower the antenna height I took a chance on replacing it with this antenna stanchion for a Ford Escape.

It was a good fit for plugging the hole in the roof, but the connectors were not a good fit for the connectors in my Ranger.

I'm attaching photos of the antenna I removed from my truck. Can any of you suggest a replacement for the shark fin that has the same connectors but has a similar profile to the Ford Escape antenna linked above?

Thanks!
Dave

IMG_20201024_205722598.jpg

IMG_20201024_205743582.jpg

IMG_20201024_205801474.jpg
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there are 4 threads about this same subject :) :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Alistair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there are 4 threads about this same subject :) :thumbsup:
Yup, I've read them all. Two are about the whip antenna, which comes off by hand. Two are about removing the existing antenna base, which I've already done thanks in part to those threads.

One of those threads starts with the same question I have-- what is a low profile replacement for the antenna base-- but for some reason all the replies in that thread are whip antenna recommendations.

I've got the old antenna out and I replaced it with something that is really just a plug. Now I'm looking for a replacement antenna base that will connect properly.

I can put this post somewhere else if necessary, but my question isn't covered in those threads and isn't really the same question, aside from the fact that it's antenna related.

Let me know if you have ideas that aren't covered elsewhere.

Dave

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
is the angle less than our oem mount? It would be nice if while you had the new one off if there was a set screw that allows you to tilt the mast down, that would solve a ton of issues.

OP
OP

Alistair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure exactly what you mean, but the whole antenna is significantly shorter than the stock Ranger antenna. I can take some measurements if you need them, but it's about half as tall as the stock version. The Escape antenna doesn't really have a shark fin, it's just a round lump.

There's nothing to adjust on the stock antenna once it's off. It's a solid block of metal and plastic.

Apolakay

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger lariat 2019
Occupation
Medical
Hi guys-

I have a camper shell that overhangs the cab a bit and was scraping the shark fin. In order to lower the antenna height I took a chance on replacing it with this antenna stanchion for a Ford Escape.

It was a good fit for plugging the hole in the roof, but the connectors were not a good fit for the connectors in my Ranger.

I'm attaching photos of the antenna I removed from my truck. Can any of you suggest a replacement for the shark fin that has the same connectors but has a similar profile to the Ford Escape antenna linked above?

Thanks!
Dave

IMG_20201024_205722598.jpg

IMG_20201024_205743582.jpg

IMG_20201024_205801474.jpg
Hi sir how did u remove the base antenna?I accidentally backed up in my garage and it came off from the base.thanks to the 3 inch lift that I forgot it was there all along.

OP
OP

Alistair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Apolakay

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger lariat 2019
Occupation
Medical
Thanks sir,I dented I bit the roof but hopefully I could push it back once I remove the headliner.wish me luck
Sponsored