Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Had not thought about that. If it is an issue can always use Ford Pass app to start. Thanks for the heads up, will watch to see if affected.
Yeah, I'm not concerned because when I'm close to it it never fails, just at a longer distance. If I had a Lariat/keyless start, I wouldn't ever use my keys, I'd just use ford pass, but alas...
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm not concerned because when I'm close to it it never fails, just at a longer distance. If I had a Lariat/keyless start, I wouldn't ever use my keys, I'd just use ford pass, but alas...
I believe you still need the key/fob to drive the truck. When I remote start it, I have to press start before I can drive. And I don't think you can press start without the key being present. With the handles being able to lock/unlock and push button start, I hardly ever take my keys out of my pocket, but I have to have them on me.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you still need the key/fob to drive the truck. When I remote start it, I have to press start before I can drive. And I don't think you can press start without the key being present. With the handles being able to lock/unlock and push button start, I hardly ever take my keys out of my pocket, but I have to have them on me.
You're correct, the key *MUST* be in the vehicle. I just meant that I wouldn't need to touch my keys and I generally have my phone in my hands, so I could unlock without touching the keys and also start and drive without touching them. (Though I suspect the lariat has keyless entry as well like my Mustang did that had keyless start and entry.)

Alistair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL SuperCab STX
Unfortunately, even without a radio antenna, I still can't fit in my garage. The fin itself is too high. :frown:
I just saw your reply deep in this thread. I pulled the shark fin from my Ranger and replaced it with a Ford Escape antenna that is about two inches lower than the shark fin. It solves my clearance problem and plugged the hole but the antenna connectors were wrong so it's just a plug for now.

Pulling the headliner is a nuisance but the fit seemed quite good. I can get a photo of the exterior of you're interested.

I linked the part number I used in my first post.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I just saw your reply deep in this thread. I pulled the shark fin from my Ranger and replaced it with a Ford Escape antenna that is about two inches lower than the shark fin. It solves my clearance problem and plugged the hole but the antenna connectors were wrong so it's just a plug for now.

Pulling the headliner is a nuisance but the fit seemed quite good. I can get a photo of the exterior of you're interested.

I linked the part number I used in my first post.
I moved...the new garage is bigger. Truck fits inside now. ?
Sponsored