Saw a recall notice in my FordPass app today

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I just got a notice from FordPass that they are changing their terms of use "agreements".
They language is vague, extensive and what's worse ARROGANT!
As a result I can no longer use FordPass, not even for the simple functions like locking the truck or remote start, without first tapping "Agree"
"Agree" of course gives them unlimited power while allowing no rights whatsoever for the owner.
It also allows unlimited changes without notice or recourse.
It seems that they will continue to have access to my truck even if I don't "agree", which will then mean intrusion on their part with absolutely no benefit for me.
Does anyone know how to remove FordPass completely from having access to my truck?
Will that also remove access to updates for such as synch?
What beneficial remote access advantages will be lost?

IT gets pretty tiring to relinquish so many rights and privileges just to access a couple of trinket features.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ranger XLT spacecab
Occupation
Vehicle fleet engineer
Does anyone know how to remove FordPass completely from having access to my truck?
The modem is under the dash behind the glove compartment, just unplug the multi wire connector and that completely kills the modem. There is no need to disconnect the antenna wires, as without power the box is dead anyway.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I just got a notice from FordPass that they are changing their terms of use "agreements".
As a result I can no longer use FordPass, not even for the simple functions like locking the truck or remote start, without first tapping "Agree"
"Agree" of course gives them unlimited power while allowing no rights whatsoever for the owner.
It seems that they will continue to have access to my truck even if I don't "agree", which will then mean intrusion on their part with absolutely no benefit for me.

IT gets pretty tiring to relinquish so many rights and privileges just to access a couple of trinket features.
Agreed; I never signed up for FordPass for the same reason:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/turn-off-data-collection.10834/

OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering

FordPass does more than I originally thought it did. It notifies me of any mechanical problems if truck throws a code, tires go under pressure will notify. Alarm intrusion and auto start success. I also get all that information to my Apple Watch. So, yes itā€™s useful. How much data they mine is unknown butā€¦ I think pretty much everything you do these days youā€™re being tracked, logged in some form or manner

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Got the notice today for my 2020 Scab.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
No notice on my 2021 crew cab. I do have a car seat for my 4yr old, so Iā€™m pretty interested in this potential recall.

I must say, the bench seat was a huge swing and miss with Ford (IMO); renders the under seat storage useless for those with a car seat. Also, it was a major pain to get the rear safety restraint installed and the seat latch to reengage.
We have two car seats and getting them in a position where the rear LATCH tethers were vertical so I could tighten them after but still loose enough where I could get both installed behind the seat back and then slamming the seat back hard enough to get it to engage was absolutely obnoxious.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I got the notice yesterday for my 2020 scab. I don't use car seats, so I'm going to ignore for now.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Got mine today.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Just called the Dealer about this recall and they don't have the parts in yet. Said Ford will send a letter of confirmation when they are ready to install.

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Mine just popped up. Still waiting on some warranty repair parts so maybe they will do the recall when I bring it in for that repair. I don't use the rear seats for anyone so I'm in no rush.

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
I was at the dealer today for an oil change. The recall is still in an ā€˜advisoryā€™ statusā€¦they donā€™t have parts or instructions to perform the work. I also learned of another recall, issued 10/18, this time for the front restraints. Apparently an inspection recall related to incorrect seatbelt threading, I think. Needs verification on whether thatā€™s the exact details.

Feldgary1630

I was at the dealer today for an oil change. The recall is still in an ā€˜advisoryā€™ statusā€¦they donā€™t have parts or instructions to perform the work. I also learned of another recall, issued 10/18, this time for the front restraints. Apparently an inspection recall related to incorrect seatbelt threading, I think. Needs verification on whether thatā€™s the exact details.
I noticed the second recall notice on FordPass yesterday. I am not in a rush to do the child restraint issue as it doesn't effect me however there is a component within that recall that mentions the rear headrests being replaced with "removable" items which would be great since they are a PIA to remove as is. They obviously were not designed to be easily removed. I rarely carry passengers in back and like to get better vision. The newest recall regarding the passenger seatbelt threading would be more concerning though.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The modem is under the dash behind the glove compartment, just unplug the multi wire connector and that completely kills the modem. There is no need to disconnect the antenna wires, as without power the box is dead anyway.
No side effects or dash issues with this? Just Fordpass no longer works?
Sponsored