Compliance Recall 19C02 - Certain 2019 MY Rangers, Brake Transmission Shift Interlock Override

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Has anyone had their truck looked at yet? If so, what happened? How did they check? What was the fix?

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had their truck looked at yet? If so, what happened? How did they check? What was the fix?
I'm taking mine in Monday for an alignment issue m I'm sure they'll do the recall check too. I'll follow up

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My XLT was built 1/19 according to the door sticker and I received the recall in the phone FordPass app last 2 weeks or so. Now it's not there .Checked the VIN# on Ford's site and no recall. Weird but good. Bringing it in any way for a couple of warranty issues.

Last edited:

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I took mine into the dealer last weekend. I was the first one to buy a Ranger from them so I had the pleasure of being the first Ranger their techs had ever worked on. They took 1.5 hours to perform the check, apparently there wasn't a problem. They didn't even wash the truck for me!

I think someone posted something on here about the procedure they use to check for the interlock functionality. Sounded like a 5 minute job.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
So I just got this recall done, but it's till showing up in the FordPass app as incomplete. Has anyone with a completed recall notice how long before it drops off in FordPass?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got this recall done, but it's till showing up in the FordPass app as incomplete. Has anyone with a completed recall notice how long before it drops off in FordPass?
The dealer has to report it to Ford corporate who will report it to the NHTSA.
Sponsored