First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
With respect to those who have struggled, I don't see the issue with the car seat installation Loosen rear strap on car seat - pop down back rest - click in place - put back rest back - tighten strap and install the rest of the straps. Pretty easy.

The only issue I've had is that the straps dig into the cushion quite a bit where they go over the top. There's nothing firm in there like in many other vehicles, so when you tighten things up it compresses the foam inside the seat. Not sure if that will look bad when I remove the seat in X years.
Sponsored

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
Tim,
The service dept. said that they initially check the restraint anchorages and if these are the proper ones which are not part of the recalled restraint systems, then the head restraints and the rest of this system have no faults and nothing needs to be replaced.

My thinking is that Ford was probably not sure exactly which builds were on this recall or not and wanted to cover the bases just in case?

Thanks again for the heads up :thumbsup:
I am in no way looking to be an a$$ about this…but I think your dealer is wrong. Take a look here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V765-1155.PDF

The fixed rear headrest in your SCAB is at the heart of the problem. It needs replacing.

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
With respect to those who have struggled, I don't see the issue with the car seat installation Loosen rear strap on car seat - pop down back rest - click in place - put back rest back - tighten strap and install the rest of the straps. Pretty easy.

The only issue I've had is that the straps dig into the cushion quite a bit where they go over the top. There's nothing firm in there like in many other vehicles, so when you tighten things up it compresses the foam inside the seat. Not sure if that will look bad when I remove the seat in X years.
I can’t tell from your profile if you have a SCAB or a SCREW?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I am in no way looking to be an a$$ about this…but I think your dealer is wrong. Take a look here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V765-1155.PDF

The fixed rear headrest in your SCAB is at the heart of the problem. It needs replacing.
Thanks for the follow up âś” I want it done right and Ford needs to be accountable if they are trying to get around it. I'm going to call Ford and get the bottom line on this. Will follow up with a post...

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Yep - a child’s seat in the SCAB is a whole different ball o’ wax :)
I removed my headrests In my Scab soon after taking delivery. We never have passengers in the back, and the headrests blocked too much rearward vision. Because of the backrest angle, the headrests wouldn't raise up far enough to remove them because the came in contact with the rear window. I had to remove the two retaining bolts on the seatback and the two catches that slide into slots on the rear panel in order to tip it forward enough to pull the headrests out all the way. The headrests are designed to be slightly forward facing which keeps a car seat from resting firmly against the seatback. I have a second recall on my Ford Pass app for an incorrectly routed front passenger seatbelt retractor webbing. I have received no mail notification for either recall yet, so I'm just sitting tight for now.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

I appreciate you bringing this situation to my attention. I called Ford twice and was told that certain Rangers in this recall have anchors and rear seat head restraints that comply, and others do not. Those who need the anchors and restraints replaced will receive a letter when these parts will be available in the 1st quarter of 2022. They assured me that my system had all the proper components and nothing else needed. I hope they provided me with the correct info? If you have any additional info., please inform ?

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin

By fixed headrests, does that mean not folding headrests? I have a Oct 2020 build scab, and my headrests had the folding mechanism without the button... I added the button mod to make them folding headrests.

I will never have a child seat in the truck, so I'm not going to worry about this recall, but I don't want to take it in for other service and they replace my folding headrests with fixed.

SteelWheelDeplorable

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
DE29D89C-2684-4BBF-AAFC-F3D49A224F54.jpeg
352C7CC7-A6BF-4CFC-82A9-ADA2AC855E72.jpeg
72AD2953-AF33-4032-A0A3-4A8AC6031AE9.jpeg

21C25 seems to do with front seatbelt integrity
21C24 seems to do with anchors for rear child seats and a gap created with a taller seat.

I got this letter today, even if the seatbelts are just a check it’s something good to do and have documented, It could save a life.
Sponsored