Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can this service be locked out by techs working on these trucks to avoid the possibility of a remote start when being serviced.
I am sure that it won't start with the hood up but it might when on a lift or if someone is under the truck doing work.
Hi Floyd,

Good question!...worrisome if started during an oil change when no filter or oil was in the engine....:(

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
oh snap yeah hopefully there is a lockout relay or something to do that. Seriously could be deadly for a mechanic and the truck.

Zanardi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Saber 4x4 Sport
Had a somewhat related experience yesterday. Tried to remote start through FordPass. Generally I hold the "button" down on my phone screen. Arrows on icon spin around for several seconds, button turns orange and tells me engine is started.

Yesterday arrow kept spinning. After a minute or more I figured no big deal - system must be slow or whatever. I'll just head out to the truck and start it with my key. When I opened my garage door I was surprised my truck was running. I looked at my phone and the start icon was still "spinning" away as if it were still trying to start the truck.

Only sharing as a point of interest. Your truck can start without confirming back to you. For most people most of the time I anticipate this would never be an issue. You'll either find your truck running like I did or it will shut itself off after 15 minutes max. I imagine it could possibly present a problem in certain circumstances if you assume it's not running and it is.....

Bonnie K

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Mine hasn't work for 2 months, Did all the reset I could do on my end. Took it to the dealer, and they can't figure it out. So when I talked to them again on Thursday, they said they are going to order a new modem/pc for the truck.
Did that fix your issue?

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I bought my truck in April 2020 and set up FordPass on my android cell phone the same day. Everything worked fine for a few weeks and I was delighted with the idea of lying in bed on a winter morning and starting my truck to warm it up. Fast forward a month and FordPass started giving me more and more trouble. I did the master reset twice. Uninstalled and re-installed FordPass app on my cell phone twice. Just getting the FordPass app to open was a major time-consuming struggle.

Then I noticed I was having trouble with other apps. I checked the Motorola website and my 4-year-old android was no longer being supported with security updates or operating system updates. Time to get a new cell phone.

Now FordPass works fine and so do the other apps. The old android was the problem. It's something to check if you're having problems with FordPass.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
I am having the issue with my 2019 Ranger .... but my 2017 Escape is fine ... so guessing possible issue with Ranger modem. Just did a Master Reset on Ranger and not sure it helped.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I am having the issue with my 2019 Ranger .... but my 2017 Escape is fine ... so guessing possible issue with Ranger modem. Just did a Master Reset on Ranger and not sure it helped.
Guess it's time to set up an appt at the dealer.
Sponsored