FordPass app remote functions not working

Morgan1002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 301A Sport and Tech Lightning Blue
Hey all

Have had my ranger just over a week now and I’m loving it.

I have been using the FordPass app to start the vehicle and it’s been working beautifully until 2 days ago. Now when I hold the start button the loading circle spins endlessly and I get no response. Same for the lock and unlock functions. Other functions like fuel range and location update without issue.

i have tried logging in and out, deleting the app, etc. Is this a known issue right now with fords servers?
Sponsored

Bill in KC

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X2 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
My Fordpass app is working fine. I use an iPhone and can say it has almost always ran flawlessly. I know its a silly question, as you have done many things with the app. Have you cycled the phone off and on? That seems to correct about anything I face.

I hope you can figure it out!

OP
OP
Morgan1002

Morgan1002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 301A Sport and Tech Lightning Blue
I have tried this and everything else I can think of to try and get the truck to respond. It seems to work shortly after the truck is shut off but after a few hours its As if it falls asleep and doesn’t want to wake up. Even hitting the “refresh‘ button on the your vehicle page gives me an error message.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My app worked great when I first bought my truck. Took a bit to turn on the truck, but it did function. Not long after the app started crashing on opening of the app. I gave up on it for a while. Soon after the latest updates the app began to work, but turning on the truck took forever. To the point that one morning I opened the app while leaving my apartment on the 4th floor, walked down the stairs, held the remote start as I walked across the parking lot, and the truck still hadn’t turned on by the time I reached it.

When the app has worked for me, it’s a nice thing to have. When it works for me.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried this and everything else I can think of to try and get the truck to respond. It seems to work shortly after the truck is shut off but after a few hours its As if it falls asleep and doesn’t want to wake up. Even hitting the “refresh‘ button on the your vehicle page gives me an error message.
If it works shortly after you shut off the truck, I wonder if something is wrong with the battery on the truck? What happens if you put it on a trickle charger? Would it continue to work? If the modem on the truck doesn't get enough power, or gets turned off to save the battery, the remote app won't work.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
This is the way the Ford app works "intermittently. " It has been like that for over a year now.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all

Have had my ranger just over a week now and I’m loving it.

I have been using the FordPass app to start the vehicle and it’s been working beautifully until 2 days ago. Now when I hold the start button the loading circle spins endlessly and I get no response. Same for the lock and unlock functions. Other functions like fuel range and location update without issue.

i have tried logging in and out, deleting the app, etc. Is this a known issue right now with fords servers?
Mine was working 99.9% of the time till the June 10th update and the the 21st it stopped working till the 7th or 8th of July , I called a Ford guide and the guy told me they had updated the Android to the 8 version and mine was a 7, as a result I purchased a new phone the 7th of July that was a version 10 Android and activated it shortly after and put the Ford Pass app on it all it worked fine immediately, then guess what my 7 version started working too and has worked since, so now I have two Android phones that work with the Ford Pass app.
To go back to October when I bought my Ranger, I had to call Ford to get the Ford Pass to work and show my rewards points in late November and the thing had worked about 99.9 % of the time up till the crash on the 21st of June. Maybe its your phone and perhaps a call to Ford guides will settle the problem.? Just a tiny thought.
Oh, I just remembered I did have to sign out and log back in March sometime to make it work again as the app was acting up in March also,
sorry about forgetting that little item, but from November till March it worked fine, so the percent of up time was less than the 99.9 %.
As of the 29th of July my android version 7 phone has stopped working again after 20 some days of working, but my 10 version android still works.

0524201558.jpg

Last edited:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
The issue is on Ford's end. Probably happens when the server(s) are overwhelmed.

megaiceman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Mine does the exact same thing, I live in Texas not sure if that helps. Ive deleted and reinstalled the app, signed in and out and the circle just keeps spinning but will work when the truck was just shut off. Im tired of this issue.

Rkmiller55

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Administrative
Mine works only sometimes. I went to my local gym and tested with the fob in the car before. No problem locking and unlocking through the app. When I came out, I could not unlock the truck. Had to call my wife to bring the spare fob. Remote start works about 75% of the time. It is not reliable enough to leave the fob in the vehicle. I'm getting a keypad installed, however, they are not 100% either. Really hate carrying a fob after 10+ years of having the keypad on my vehicles.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
Mine works only sometimes. I went to my local gym and tested with the fob in the car before. No problem locking and unlocking through the app. When I came out, I could not unlock the truck. Had to call my wife to bring the spare fob. Remote start works about 75% of the time. It is not reliable enough to leave the fob in the vehicle. I'm getting a keypad installed, however, they are not 100% either. Really hate carrying a fob after 10+ years of having the keypad on my vehicles.
That pretty much describes tech in general, works fine until it doesn't. No app or service that requires the internet is going to be 100% reliable.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
The local dealer recently reflashed my modem in the truck and it started working well again.

Dangerdan85

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 xlt 5.0
Occupation
Millwright apprentice
Having the same issue here currently with my 21. Started a week ago for me after I updated my Sync 3 via USB. Remote start/lock/unlock all worked great up until I updated Sync 3.
Now the Fordpass Remote functions only work for a short period after driving the truck then become unresponsive.
Called dealer and have it booked in for next Tuesday so I imagine it will be all good to go after they are done with it.
When I had my 2019 F150 I found the remote start to be somewhat hit or miss but not actually that bad. Maybe 1 out of 10 try's it would fail to start. Other than when I first got the App and Truck in 2019, it was dodgy then, but the last 2 years I have hardly had a issue with it.
My experience with it on the Ranger was great for the first week until I updated my Sync 3.

What is strange is a week later, yesterday. I was putting in my new Obusforme heated seat cushion and plugged it in to the 12v and turned it on and drove around testing it out. Shortly after getting home and turning it off and locking the truck, I got an Alert from Fordpass App saying my truck has entered a deep sleep mode due to not being started in a while and remote functions are disabled until started again. I had just driven it around half the day... so kind of weird. Anyways I started it again and it still stops responding after maybe 20 minutes or so.

Last edited: