FordPass App Remote Start Stopped Working

bruizer

First Name
Bruizer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I use the FordPass app to remote start my truck almost every day this time of year. Been working beautifully until yesterday.

Yesterday and today it failed to start - the start button on the app spins like usual for about 5 minutes then reports an error. I’ve restarted my phone just in case but no change in results.

Starting with the key FOB works just fine.

I have googled for help but found nothing useful so I though I’d try here and see if anyone has any ideas. Would love to avoid a trip to the dealer! Any thoughts? Thanks!!

UPDATE: I am able to successfully start our ‘17 Escape just fine with the app, but still not the Ranger. I tried it from my husband’s phone as well and same results (Escape starts, Ranger does not).

Both phones had an update available for the FordPass app so I installed it and tested again; same results. It sure seems like the issue is specific to my Ranger itself and not the app, internet, phones etc. :-(
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Mine didn't work yesterday, but I'm in the middle of a monster steel building and most of the time I don't get signal. can't even test it right now because I have no signal. But watching the thread just in case.

If I would get on my companie's wireless would it work? I'm not really sure because their firewall is kind of a pain in the ass and blocks a lot of sites. But in general if you can get on wireless Fordpass can work from that right?

Hey I wonder if there was some Fordpass server downtime yesterday.

Last edited:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
A quick test today from home and mine worked. So for me it was just a matter of getting phone signal.

Maybe a complete uninstall and reinstall of the app is in order for you. Maybe try a different phone.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
I had to master reset sync to get mine to work the first time. This was advice from customer service.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
There were two days that mine wouldn’t work, I tried it at the same time and in the same place that I always use it with no issues every other week day. I have no explanation why it didn’t work those days but it’s been fine ever since!

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Mine intermittently works as well. I'll either get a message saying the App is not responding, the App forgot my vehicle, or my truck didn't start. Wish I would have just gotten a remote start integrated with my key fob, like my previous 2016 Fusion.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Mine intermittently works as well. I'll either get a message saying the App is not responding, the App forgot my vehicle, or my truck didn't start. Wish I would have just gotten a remote start integrated with my key fob, like my previous 2016 Fusion.
I've got the remote start on the key fob also, but that has limited range. The goal is to start my truck from my office or my gym locker room, which is a quarter mile away. No real problem there other than my office is surrounded by steel structure and my gym locker room is like a concrete bunker.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Mine hasn't work for 2 months, Did all the reset I could do on my end. Took it to the dealer, and they can't figure it out. So when I talked to them again on Thursday, they said they are going to order a new modem/pc for the truck.

Stockranger

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I’ve had a few instances where mine just spins and spins and then times out and doesn’t start the truck. But usually I can attribute it to the cell service or my phone acting up. It usually works after a second try or the next day. I don’t have it on my FOB, and I prefer the app because the range is unlimited and you are notified it’s running.

OP
OP
bruizer

bruizer

First Name
Bruizer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Interestingly it worked twice yesterday when away from the house. I’m gonna try it again at home later today and see what happens. So odd, it worked flawlessly every single day for the past 2-3 weeks without a single hiccup until this week. I’ll post my results later today.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
The other day, when I was about to walk out the door at work, I started my Ranger with Ford Pass app. While making my way across two very large parking lots, I remembered I had driven the Hyundai Accent that day:crazy:
It cracked me up thinking about the shock my husband would have if he happened to be outside when the Ranger cranked up. :crackup::crackup: It's good to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes.:giggle:

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Interestingly it worked twice yesterday when away from the house. I’m gonna try it again at home later today and see what happens. So odd, it worked flawlessly every single day for the past 2-3 weeks without a single hiccup until this week. I’ll post my results later today.

These are my experiences as well. I will work great for a couple weeks and then goes though a frustrating streak of glitches.

OP
OP
bruizer

bruizer

First Name
Bruizer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Update - so after two days of it consistently not working, it has worked every time since. Both at home and elsewhere, no issues. I dont know what could have been going on but whatever it was it seems to have passed on its own. As an app/computer programmer I don't like intermittent problems but what can you do? So strange our other Ford vehicle worked find during the period the Ranger wouldn't remote start with the app. If it comes up again, I'll post an update here just to keep a running history of the issue.

Since it happened in the first few months of ownership I fully expect it will happen again.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Yes mine has been terrible lately too. I've had to uninstall and re-install to get location to work. It hasn't updated info in almost 24 hours (despite a re-install). Today, i tried to unlock the doors for my wife to put something in it. It said "unsuccessful" , but did in fact unlock. It is a nice feature when it's working....if that's saying anything.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Can this service be locked out by techs working on these trucks to avoid the possibility of a remote start when being serviced.
I am sure that it won't start with the hood up but it might when on a lift or if someone is under the truck doing work.
Sponsored