First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Seems they’re fixing rear seat problems with child seats. Wonder if it’s the way the cushion hooks into the cleats before single latch hold down.

Edit: Appears to be Super Cab related
030CA0DC-0D63-46A0-8D45-F1DBC7A93892.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
Yep - got the recall notice in FordPass yesterday as well. Any SCREW owners get the recall, or is it just for SCABS?

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
I got a message from CarFax but, my FordPass and the NTHSA website don't show anything. SCAB'r here.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Same for me, no notice for my crew cab.

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
No notice on my 2021 crew cab. I do have a car seat for my 4yr old, so I’m pretty interested in this potential recall.

I must say, the bench seat was a huge swing and miss with Ford (IMO); renders the under seat storage useless for those with a car seat. Also, it was a major pain to get the rear safety restraint installed and the seat latch to reengage.

Last edited:

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
No notice on my 2021 crew cab. I do have a car seat for my 4yr old, so I’m pretty interested in this potential recall.

I must say, the bench seat was a huge swing and miss with Ford (IMO); reinders the under seat storage useless for those with a car seat. Also, it was a major pain to get the rear safety restraint installed and the seat latch to reengage.
Yeah, Ford got lazy with several details on these trucks. The under seat storage could easily be bigger and a split seat would make a lot of sense. Also wish the seat back would fold flat so you could stack cases or boxes on top without worrying about damaging the seat material.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

I must say, the bench seat was a huge swing and miss with Ford (IMO); renders the under seat storage useless for those with a car seat. Also, it was a major pain to get the rear safety restraint installed and the seat latch to reengage.
The under seat storage is not great but I don't think any other midsize truck would allow easy access with a child seat installed. I know the Ridgeline rear seat lifts as one piece and wouldn't be accessible either. I assume most of them are the same.

MapMaker7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
The under seat storage is not great but I don't think any other midsize truck would allow easy access with a child seat installed. I know the Ridgeline rear seat lifts as one piece and wouldn't be accessible either. I assume most of them are the same.
I traded in my 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac for the Ranger. I got 264k miles out of her, but electric issues became the problem.

I love the Ranger, but there are definitely a few features that I really miss about my old Sport Trac. 1) 60/40 rear seat with plenty of storage under the seats. 2) massive powered rear window. 3) several large in-bed storage options.

I see more similarities between the new Maverick and the Sport Trac, vs the Ranger.

Last edited:

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

This. If you ever need the jack, anything under the seat, or the she-wee for the fuel, you have to uninstall the car seats. Both sides!

mrtimo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
This. If you ever need the jack, anything under the seat, or the she-wee for the fuel, you have to uninstall the car seats. Both sides!
The seat pads over the storage are one for each side, so hopefully you’d only have to remove at most one car seat to get the jack and wrench.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I have a 2020 scab and no notice yet. Can't believe they made a design change for 21, but I guess it's possible.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
The seat pads over the storage are one for each side, so hopefully you’d only have to remove at most one car seat to get the jack and wrench.
Forgot to clarify. I'm a SCrewer.
Sponsored