Ride in a Maverick

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I got a courtesy ride from the dealer in a Maverick XL AWD. The ride was very comfortable and quiet (in a truck context) much more than I expected from a base-trim version. If they ever get the hybrid version into full-production, they could sell a gajillion of these things. There’s nothing like it for the price, and fleet sales should be very strong.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
I Guess if you have the audience for it.. I passed my first one yesterday on the road and I'm not a fan of it....
They don’t look like much, but the utility value seems very high.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I like them. With a tune and some hard parts, I bet they absolutely rip once you get past 300 wheel.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i can see the mavericks being a hit with rental car biz and for cheap fleet stuff like meter readers etc. maybe even the light weekender crowd for canoes and pets. sorta like a replacement for suv cuv. hybrid or not ill pass. i think the ranger is just about right. not too small, does what i need a truck to do, comfy and still truck enough to bounce around off road. not to big to go off road. i think they would sell more rangers if they improved what is already on the table. make the plastics inside nicer across all the trim levels, make them less noisy on the highway etc. little details.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I was one day off of getting the Maverick, I went in two days before the order banks closed and the tow package was no longer available. One day earlier and I'd be on the Maverick forum instead ...

I'm so glad I couldn't order it because now my Ranger's "In Transit" and, whenever it finally gets here, it's gonna fit our needs so much better (kayaking with our little dog).

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I agree they have their nitch market and will do great. Just not mine at this time. If I wasn't pulling a 4000+ pound TT, maybe. The Ranger fits my needs perfect now, who knows about the future. We'll see where the EV/Hybrid thing goes, maybe I won't be driving by then!

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I got to check one out at a dealer a few weeks ago when the person who ordered it changed their mind. I think it is perfect for what it is intended to be, a great truck for a younger, outdoorsy, active city dweller. It will do most of the things a lot of people need to do with a truck, like trips to the grocery store or lawn and garden store, hauling bikes or kayaks or surfboards, and even pull a small trailer. I'd take one over the Honda Ridgeline any day, although the Honda is certainly well built.

This is not a truck for construction jobs, hauling heavy loads or rock crawling, and that is okay. Ford has other offerings that will fit the bill for these.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
I was hoping they would have named it "Courier" instead of Maverick, but yeah it works.

Next work ride will be either a Maverick or Mach-E depending on distances and the PEV status.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I finally saw one at Walmart a few weeks ago, not a bad little truck and there's definitely a niche for it. Most don't need a full size or even a mid size truck so these will be perfect for them. I've been driving a truck for 26+ years and find the Ranger the perfect size (please don't get much bigger) and really don't see a Maverick fitting my needs. I'd much rather have a PHEV Ranger which is supposedly coming in the future and it would be even better if there were a PHEV Ranger Raptor.

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a handful of Mavericks in the wild now and the more I see them, the more they grow on me. I’m reminded of how they seem to be about the same size as my 2001 Ranger. Those early Rangers filled a real need and I’m sure these will too.

I even see they already appeal to a certain type of enthusiast. Could this literally be the new family truckster?

8A3E8DFE-ADA9-40F0-92A0-F390C5A5B073.jpeg

Last edited:

CJ74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
I saw one today at the vet. I liked it better than I thought I would but I don't see myself trading my ranger for one.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
we have a 2020 escape FWD Hybrid and love it. it always shows high 40's to low 50's on the display. Our driving is mostly highways that are 55-65 with red lights maybe every 5 miles or so.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the maverick and bronco sport are same platform right? i wonder if someone could get bronco sport parts to buff up the maverick for more off road ish looks and ability.
Sponsored