First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Glad she got what she wanted but that's a strange comparison vehicle to shop it against - she went with a compact fwd/AWD and the Explorer is a full size RWD/4WD. An Escape or Edge Hybrid would've been much closer to Ford's version.
Perhaps. She was trying to get the same or close to the storage capacity of her current XC70, which is a big station wagon. Escape was probably too small and the edge might have worked. Truth be told she was probably always going to buy a Volvo, but humored me and went to look at a Ford. I'm not a die hard Ford buyer, my Ranger is the first, but I like it so I was looking for a hybrid she could look.

If the Subaru Outback had a hybrid I would have suggest that, but they don't have anything right now.
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Damn that's a sharp interior. That whole fabric panel from the console to the floor... It's like majestic.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor has a 96 Cherokee that he loves. He got his wife a new 2019 or whatever fiat “Cherokee” thing expecting it to serve him in the same way the old one has. Yea he is pissed.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It’s odd that you posted this. My wife is looking for something after her 2016 Ford Explorer. She drove a wrangler 4xe, but seat didn’t work for her. She thought about the bronco, but the 15k price markup soured both of us on any Ford. We might be headed to Volvos.
Not sure how far outside of my area you are, but here is a listing for a Branco Sport at my local dealership where I purchased my Ranger and my wife purchased her Branco Sport.
https://www.morristownford.net/used-+-2021-Ford-Bronco+Sport-Big+Bend-3FMCR9B66MRA83508
Yes, it is used, but there aren't a lot of miles on it and it's in immaculate condition...I went and looked at it personally. The Bronco Sport is super fun to drive. My wife loves hers. No, it isn't the full sized Bronco. Just an option I wanted to throw your way.
Sponsored