First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
What kind of improvement did you notice after replacing the coil overs? I am considering whether to do the fox 2.0 kit from Ford performance for about 2000 installed vs just doing a rear shock change for a lot less money.
A firmer ride, in which can be expected with any aftermarket shock replacement.
The wobbly bouncing I felt crossing diagonally over bumpy surfaces or railroad tracks was eliminated. That’s what I wanted fixed and a firmer ride.

I probably would have been satisfied with just shocks but I also wanted to level the front some so I went with the adjustable coil overs. I was going to go with the Fox coil overs but found a deal on the Eibach’s.
I had the Fox shocks on the back for a while but it didn’t help much with the wobbling and I liked a matched set so I upgraded to the Eibach’s.
Sponsored

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Was there a consensus yet? Some say the Eibachs are stiffer, others the Fox. Wondering if that matters much with the stock struts. I'm leaning eibach as they are cheaper and have a dust boot. The roost guard adds another $30 to the Fox too.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Was there a consensus yet? Some say the Eibachs are stiffer, others the Fox. Wondering if that matters much with the stock struts. I'm leaning eibach as they are cheaper and have a dust boot. The roost guard adds another $30 to the Fox too.
From what I am aware, if you off road then Fox will be better performance but firmer for on road. If you are on road more often than not, the eibach will feel better, still firms up the ride but doesn’t make it feel as stiff for on road driving. And you won’t need the roost guard for fox if you put the barrel on the bottom portion. It’s a mono tube design allowing you to orient it however. BUT, people have said that hardened steel shaft is harder to dent/puncture than the aluminum body, so prob best would be body up shaft down with roost guard.

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Fox 2.0 performance in the front to level the Truck, but then I went to a bigger tire, to adjust the Fox shocks you have to remove it to adjust since it is aluminum body but the iebach and Icon you can adjust it while it is on. It's something to think about if you decide to upgrade your shoes later on or get a higher lift.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I would like to recommend Bilsteins but I ordered a pair and they sent 1 shock cause they ran out. They are still back ordered like forever I guess.
I would of went Bilsteins originally IIRC they are a middle ground between eibach and fox in some thread I read. However, out of stock until august I believe. I also didn’t want to raise my height because I want to keep center of gravity lower, thus, I went with fox rears.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not sure about the Fox, but the Eibachs and Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty.

I put the Bilsteins on the rear of mine (still stock front) and while I don't think the ride is more firm, it does feel more "planted" I guess you would say.

There's a dirt road nearby that I travel frequently and the Bilsteins removed the "skittering" that the FX4 shocks had when crossing the washboard.

OP
OP
TechnicallyReal

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
What I've noticed since installing the Eibach's in the rear, is that there's way less bouncing back there, and the truck doesn't lean as much when going around corners.

With the stock shocks, my daughter could jump on the tailgate like it were a trampoline. With the Eibachs, it's not nearly as fun to do that.

T-Wrecks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XLT FX4 S Cab, FX4, 301A, Tow, Technology
Just did the Eibachs and I actually felt the difference backing out of the garage! It's everything that has been said. You really don't know how much bounce there is until it gone.

The other weird thing I noticed is tranny shifting is more positive too, well it feels that way without all the wallowing!

Whoever came up the the ratchet strap trick you're a genius. Couldn't have been easier.

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I did the Fox 2.0 rears yesterday with Timbren bump stops. (I have a trailer) I'm more of an "Urban Assault" guy than an "Off Road" guy. Though I'm really happy with the change, I wanna say that I don't get that OMG! sense the way others do. My take is more of going from an "Abnormal" ride to a "Normal / Propper" ride. I don't feel as tossed around as I did with the nasty @$$ FX4 nonsense. I'm doing the fronts in two weeks. VERY MUCH looking forward to that!

B.

1630067551867.gif
Edit:
You know, I've poured through every one of these suspension threads and agonized over the decision making process. For those of us who are NOT DIYers, there is one factor that is consistantly missing here. Until yeterday, I completely forgot about the importance of the guys doing the work. I don't mind paying for quality work and experience. I chanced into a really great place, and they are predominantly a Fox and King shop. I totally get why those two product lines are complementary for a shop like this. I will likely never justify the expense of Kings (for my use), so Fox it is. If you find a really good shop with guys that inspire faith and they like Eibach, then that's a perfectly legit path to travel. In the end, its all good.

1630067551926.gif

1630067551963.gif

Last edited:

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have a 2019 FX4 and installed the Fox2.0 on the rear several months ago. It did help with the floaty ride but is still is overly stiff on the road for me. I actually have several blocks in the tail of the bed to add weight and improve the ride, which it did.
I plan to get a full set of either Blistiens or Eibach in the near future.
Sadly having to spend 2K to make a new truck ride decent….. sad

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I drive a heavy Silverado 2500 for work. When I would get in the Ranger with the stock FX4 shocks, it felt squirelly, bouncy and just overal terrible. I just got home from driving my Fox rear end all day between Brooklyn & New Jersey. I thought it felt great. That said, I find it offensive that Ford considders the FX4 shocks "Upgraded". What must the non-upgraded shocks feel like??? My feeling is that the upgraded package should be the Fox 2.0's. The FP website should be selling the 2.5's or maybe some "Tuned by Ford" Kings.

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
Would the fox 2.0 kit front and back make the bumps in the road more jarring or would it make the ride smoother? Right now with the stock suspension I feel like that the bumps are very noticeable, but at the same time they are cushioned. I wouldn’t want to put this suspension on and have my back be jacked around on every bump because of it being stiffer