MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around northern Delaware and southern PA, I am seeing several Rangers per trip now, which is encouraging but still cannot compare with all the F150s and even, gasp, tacos that are out there!
Sponsored

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
I have been on two trips this summer from my home in MD to WV and to the OBX in NC. On both trips I was surprised at how few Rangers I saw on the road.
WV is definitely Tacoma and Subaru country. You see plenty of other half ton and HD trucks but the mid sized market out there is dominated by Tacos.
The trip down I-95 to NC is a grab bag. You see everything under the sun but very few Rangers.
I agree with what y'all have said, the short life span and lack of production are limiting how many Rangers you see on the road.
As far as Tacos, those things have been around for so long that they are bound to be everywhere. Also, they were the only midsize available for a while and most people only ever consider the Tacoma when they think of a midsize truck.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Funny story, my Ranger is unique, blackout package with black wheels removed and chrome Lariat wheels put in their place (I am disco like that... lol) and a Leer shell with surfing stickers on the back. So I am five miles from home visiting my daughter, looking out the window and I see my truck drive by ?.
Thinking a 911 call is my next step I realize it is an exact clone similar stickers on the back too !! The dude pulls up to my truck and we just look at each other, I say “hey bro nice ride I like your style”. He just laughs and tells me he has seen my truck around the neighborhood and liked it so much he got the Lariat version and put on the same exact shell. Too funny, confuses all the neighbors.
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Other truck was a fellow that modded it quite a bit but would not talk to anyone...a real sour puss...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil...it's rare for me to see new Rangers where I'm at and most are run of the mill...once in a while when I run into a modded one, they don't seem to share my enthusiasm to make eye contact and return thumbs up...they just hurry and drive away...kinda like girls catching another wearing the same dress :oops:??

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
I didn't realize how out of reality I was....until I went to Alaska last week. Here in the Detroit/Dearborn area, I see Rangers all the time. Not surprising. Then I went to Alaska and was slapped back into reality. Taco's were everywhere. It was kinda scary. Lots of older full size trucks too. Only saw 2 5G Rangers. ):

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I see Rangers all the time. On my drive to my brother's house, where I'm about to embark on a mooch-docking adventure, I probably see 7 or 8 in that 45 minute drive. I've been driving the speed limit since I got my GoFast Campter (ironic, no?) and am getting passed by 2 or 3 new Rangers each trip. Almost as common as tacos in this area, but no where near as common as F150's.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
This area of SE Texas (greater Houston area and points north) I see them all over...heck even in our subdivision there is three now (incl mine). I see at least 3-4 on each trip on a freeway.

The small town I live in has at least 5 others (not including the ones in my subdivision)

we even have purchased a ranger scab for a shop truck.

Strangely I only have seen 2 other Lightning blue rangers down here. One FX4 and one Sport.

I went furniture shopping with my wife and we saw a newer STX that was the different shade of blue and was a lighter shade I think.

I like being unique :p

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Every time I go out I'll see at least 1.
I'm hearing Ranger commercials several times a day for the last 2 weeks.
Ford seems to be pushing them. I see over 100 at dealers in a 100 mile
radius according to Ford's site. I don't think they have issues making them.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Very rare to see one here in Vegas too. In my line of work, the guys at work mostly own trucks. In the parking garage there are tons of F-150s, Jeep’s, Rams, Tundras, Tacos, etc. I’m literally the only Ranger haha. Kinda cool though.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
Very rare to see one here in Vegas too. In my line of work, the guys at work mostly own trucks. In the parking garage there are tons of F-150s, Jeep’s, Rams, Tundras, Tacos, etc. I’m literally the only Ranger haha. Kinda cool though.
I have to agree! I like being different and unique. That is why my truck is getting the sport truck treatment. Increased performance, lowered stance, bigger wheels. Not for everyone but I will like it.

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2
In the DF-Dub I see several every day, and when we go on trips, my wife rolls her eyes every time I point one out. They may not be as plentiful as Tacos or F-150s, but they're out there. I think Covid and the chip shortage has affected production.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Here in the Tacoma area (the city, not the truck...though, there are a lot of those too), I'm seeing 2 or 3 a day on my drive to and from work.

There's even 4 or 5 in my development that I've seen. I was behind one of them last week coming into the development as we waited for the road crew to let us through. And the second one in the neighborhood (mine was first...lol) is just a few houses up from me - a LB XLT.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I see one every week or two at most. Usually the same one, decked out with Domino's Pizza decals, delivering pizzas. Coolest delivery truck ever, though.

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
thats kinda creepy
the start of taking over your identity i think
change all your passwords......
The guy is a good dude, actually I don’t mind it, it is fun to see your own truck drive past you going the other way. Beats rubber necking looking at your own truck when driving past mirrored glass, many of us are vain like that ?

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
I'm in Dallas. I may not travel around as much as I did before the pandemic. But whenever I go out, i always see at least 1 Ranger. Lately it seems there are more on the roads than the dealerships. Chip shortage I imagine.
Sponsored