Ranger Gets Ford Performance Parts Leveling Kits with Coil-overs & Fox Shocks

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I just popped mine out today. I'll let you know how hard they are to repair
Yours popped out while installing this kit, what do you think you did wrong? Or came out for other reason?

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I would recommending removing the 35mm nut and removing the CV shaft from the hub. Makes install much easier by reducing the possibility of accidentally popping out the shaft from the hub carrier or shaft boot. It gives you the room needed to remove and install the new strut/shock. Use an impact to put it back together. The image shows my setback and I learned my lesson for the other side. This side took 2hrs to swap while the other took 35min.
1F7EAB02-86EE-41E2-B94E-C9D4E4AE10CD.jpeg

Trunks527

First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Just got my coil over level put on yesterday. Ended up ordering from Stage 3 Motorsports since it's the same parts. Loving the new ride height in cab vs stock and the improved ride over the bumps on the Michigan roads.

IMG_20191211_155902.jpg

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I would recommending removing the 35mm nut and removing the CV shaft from the hub. Makes install much easier by reducing the possibility of accidentally popping out the shaft from the hub carrier or shaft boot. It gives you the room needed to remove and install the new strut/shock. Use an impact to put it back together. The image shows my setback and I learned my lesson for the other side. This side took 2hrs to swap while the other took 35min.
1F7EAB02-86EE-41E2-B94E-C9D4E4AE10CD.jpeg
Thanks, so i wonder if ford is doing this better procedure when they are installing the ford kit!

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Thanks, so i wonder if ford is doing this better procedure when they are installing the ford kit!
if you look at the ford install instructions it says to do it that way. Also shows how to realign the front sensors.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Does anyone have the installation instructions that they could post up, or a link to them?

Ranger Rick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Those of you who have this setup: how much of a difference would you say it made to your truck's ride in the following categories:

A. paved road comfort
B. paved road handling
C. off-road comfort
D. off-road handling
E. seating position/view

I'm considering getting this setup, but I want to make sure it's actually worth it. The stock ride is a pretty rough over washboards and bad pavement. I'd love to float over that crap while maintaining control and feedback.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you who have this setup: how much of a difference would you say it made to your truck's ride in the following categories:

A. paved road comfort
B. paved road handling
C. off-road comfort
D. off-road handling
E. seating position/view

I'm considering getting this setup, but I want to make sure it's actually worth it. The stock ride is a pretty rough over washboards and bad pavement. I'd love to float over that crap while maintaining control and feedback.
Rick, I did the Ford/Fox setup, and I am delighted with the results. Paved road comfort and handling are much improved. You still feel the road, but it does not beat you up like the stock suspension. The seating position and view are also significantly better, really gives you a "king of the road" feeling of looking down on (most) other vehicles. I have not taken the post-leveling Ranger off-road, and so I cannot speak to those issues, but I cannot imagine that they would not be improved as well. Is it worth it? Hell, yes, and then some!

Trunks527

First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab

A. paved road comfort
B. paved road handling
C. off-road comfort
D. off-road handling
E. seating position/view

Hi Rick,

I have this set up but I purchased it through Stage 3 Motorsports. To address your questions, both paved road comfort and handling I would say are greatly improved over stock. I can't say much as far as off roading because I never took my truck off road stock but I'd imagine it would also be improved. The roads here in Michigan are almost like off-roading lol. Finally I think the view / seating position is greatly improved over stock. I can definitely tell the difference the kit makes and it makes me feel like i'm in a truck again.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. Can we get a straight on side shot? Is there any rake left?
Rick, two-inch leveling leaves just a slight forward rake, which is just exactly right, in my opinion....
Sponsored